Diving Recommendations STVI and Tortola in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba737

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

I am taking my family on a disney cruise in December and will be stoping in St. Thomas and Tortola. I am the only scuba diver and was looking for recommendations on which dive operators to use.

Thank you.

On St, Thomas Admiralty or Blue Island Divers are often recommended, both do a good job and depending on where Disney ports - if It's Crown Point Marina you can walk to Blue Island - if it's the more commonly used WICO dock either will pick you up there, Admiralty with a van, Blue Island with their boat at the end of the pier.

On Tortola you're likely porting in Road Town - Sail Caribbean Divers is nearby("3 hills over"). There's also We B Divin which I believe is walking distance from the cruise pier. IDK much about any of the Tortola shops since we stayed on Virgin Gorda.

The other shops are further east or west and Torrola is a very long island so a cab would be expensive unless they're willing to pick you up. bviscuba.org lists a couple other options.

From Tortola ask about going to the RMS Rhone if you like wreck dving - it's a good one. Across the channel off Salt Island so check to be sure you have enough time in port. They also recently (April 2017) dropped the Kodiak Queen off Virgin Gorda - it's one of few ships to survive Pearl Harbor intact. Painted Walls is a really good reef site close to Tortola - bring a light for the best effect.

Last edited:
I've used Blue Island Divers several times when we've docked at WICO in St Thomas. Very smooth operation... small boat (approx 6 divers), picked us up right under the bow of the cruise ship and then straight out to the dive sites. No wasted time going to the shop or anything like that. At the end of the dives, they dropped us off right where they picked us up.

I'm diving with them again in a few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom