Diving Service Review : Reef Encounters in Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jedi_diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi fellow divers!

On Feb. 24th, I had the opportunity to go diving with Reef Encounters. It was my first time to dive with them. They really did an excellent/professional job and provided me with a lovely and fun diving experience.

First I should mention to those of you that have never been diving in Okinawa that it is a WONDERFUL place to come and dive. The water is blue and it is warm. It is also full of beautiful tropical fish! I have been diving in many countries and Okinawa, Japan is my favorite.

On the morning of the 24th the dive van came around and picked me up. They were on time and very friendly and chatty. As we were driving to the wharf Miho-san pointed out some of the interesting sites along the way.

Upon reaching the wharf we were joined by several other divers, that would be in our group. The Reef Encounter staff quickly loaded all the tanks and gear on to the boat and we were off on our diving adventure.

That day we visited 3 sites (sorry I can't remember the site names, because I don't have my log book in front of me at the moment). Each time we entered the water and submerged we were surrounded by beautiful corals and loads of tropical fish. The Reef Encounter's staff lead us around the site and pointed out the interesting array of sea life.

We saw everything from trumpet fish, clown fish, angel fish, sea snakes,etc. On our last dive we were lucky enough to see a giant Emory eel and a HUGE Manta Ray! It was really exciting.

After all this we got back on the boat and had a very satisfying meal. Miho-san actually cooked up Beef Stew and Cream Stew for us as well as preparing a Bento (Japanese lunch box) for each of us. It was really delicious.

On the way back to the port we were also lucky enough to catch sight of whales! One whale popped his back out of the water about 100 meters or so off the bow of the boat. It was breath taking!

I highly recommend that every one come to Okinawa at least once in your life for a diving trip. I also highly recommend Reef Encounters and their professional and kind staff. It was very well put together and well worth it.

Regards,
JD:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom