Diving/Snorkeling Liveaboards??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njdiver20

Registered
Reaction score
I have always wanted to go on a liveaboard. They sound like so much fun. I do a vacation with my family every year. And we are interested in doing a liveboard, however, not all of us are divers. Does anyone know of a liveaboard that have diving and snorkeling available? Any info would be great! Thanks

A lot of liveaboards will give you a discount if your a non diver or just want to snorkel. Just off the top of my head Nekton ussually does this, check out there website @ www.nektoncruises.com

Discount - Snorkelers and Non-Divers*
Nekton guests who do not scuba dive but want to participate in the Snorkel Program receive $50 off of our regular cruise fare. Nekton guests who neither dive nor snorkel (but are probably with a loved one who does) are welcome to relax and enjoy the cruise as well. Nekton offers these guests a $100 discount off of our regular cruise fare.

Discount - Families*
Children and young adults under 16 years of age who are traveling with a responsible adult parent or guardian receive a 25% discount off of Nekton's regular cruise fares. Nekton has offered this discount for years - and we have always encouraged youngsters to become scuba divers so that they may gain an early appreciation for our delicate environment. Scuba diving is good clean fun.

Although we didn't have any non-divers on our recent Nekton cruise, we had some folks who hit the water to snorkel during a couple of SIs. The sites were chosen for diving, not snorkeling, so it was rare that we were in water shallower than 45 feet...not ideal for snorkeling. I just couldn't recommend a liveaboard for non-divers since they are so focused on diving, which is the point of the cruise in the first place.

I have to agree that the Cuan Law would be an excellent choice though. We haven't done a cruise with them, but diving is just one water sport they offer, and their boat is geared toward doing much more than JUST diving.

Back
Top Bottom