Diving St. Augustine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy

New
Reaction score
I'd like to get acurate GPS coordinates for all the known dive sites offshore from St Augustine if anyone would like to share. Also, I have a 31' semi-displacement trawler, and would like to find divers willing to share fuel cost for spearfishing trips from St. Augustine. This is a very seaworthy and comfortable boat, but only does 12 knots, so it takes a while to get to the sites. I'm also interested in sharing cost on other boats for trips out of St. Augustine, Jacksonville, or Daytona. I'm an experienced Nitrox diver with a fair amount of spearfishing experience. Anybody interested out there?

I think you might want to try the Spearboard guy's, there are alot of them in this area that can tell you where the fishing is hot. I'm still learning about spearing but if you don't mind a newbie watching over your shoulder I'd like to go get wet.

there is alot of good fish on the public numbers, most of the published numbers are off so get a good bottom machine and go out there and find them. the vis is best around 100ft from what i heard last week.

You're about a year late, I would have jumped on that chance to share the ride with you and shoot some fish last year. Good luck finding a partner.

You won't get many hook-ups for #s online in general and specifically NE Florida.St.Augustine has a lot of divers and fishermen trying to hit the same inshore art. reefs.You'll have more luck going out with someone else.

Thanks for the advice. I've now got my hands on a list of sites, and now just need to get out and see if I can find them. I'm going out of Jax with Capt Dan on his Newton 46 for a 2 day on Thursday and Friday. Think he still has some slots left at $400 a person if anyone is interested. Should be a great trip, and last couple of days in lobster season.

palm coast diver here nitrox as well. I will be at the hijackers meeting tonight on rt 100 in palm coast at the dive club meeting. I go out regularly in this area. I have no boat but know a bunch of people who do.

I think I saw that new Newton the other day when I was offshore Jax, I think it was the diamond diver or something like that. I hope he doesnt go under like a lot of jax charters do, we really need a charter like that around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom