Diving Taiwan near the end of December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfk70

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are planning to visit Taiwan near the end of December this year. :banana:

We'll be staying in Taipei. My wife is fairly new to diving and I just recently got my AOW certification. Are there any dive sites that would be good during that time of year that wouldn't be too difficult?

Thanks for the help.

I haven't dived the north coast yet but from what I hear, it's not really a good option in the winter. Get over to Green Island if you can, because it has the best diving I've done in Taiwan. Orchid Island (Lanyu) also has good diving but it's noticeably overfished compared to Green Island. Kenting at the far southern tip of Taiwan's main island has some OK diving, and so does Xiao Liuchiu (about the same as Kenting in terms of quality), but you'd be best off at Green Island in my opinion. Water temperatures will be about 23 or 24 degrees C at that time.

December and North coast don't mix too well, though if conditions are calm, the water will be cold, probably down around 15C ..

I've dived in Kenting in December, and out on the islands Jan/Feb, and better to plan diving down there in December, as Makhno suggests.

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom