Diving the Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gijo1977

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,

Just hoping to get some advice and information about diving on the central coast.

Who are the best dive operators?
Are there any active dive clubs?
What ate the best shore dive sites? Are there any maps?
Is there any other info I should know?

Thanks for your opinions :)

Dan

Hi,

Ive only dived a few locations around Terrigal, but it has good shore diving right next to the local dive shop so its my preferred spot in the area. The shop has a boat also with quite a few sites. Plenty of deeper options with them like wrecks and sharks. There is lots of info on their website
Terrigal Dive Centre
Swansea bridge is OK for a shore dive. Havent done any boat dives from there though.
Nelson bay is very popular. Havent dived there much but worth looking into.

I would try asking on DiveOz forum also.

cctourism.com.au

there's a page for the local diving operators.

I'm guessing you're interested in diving the Adelaide then have a few other fun dives after?

Try Les down at Terrigal Dive Centre or Bob at Pro Dive Central Coast. They both have web sites.
I think these guys both have dive clubs as well.
I think they are also the only two with the permits to dive the Adelaide as well. They also offer boat diving. See if they are doing Foggys Cave. Its about 35m and has nurse sharks in breeding time.

Swansea Bridge is good under neath for critters and you can do a great drift dive there. Just watch the tides etc, it does run fast there.
There is a dive shop right there at the bridge, Swansea dive shop.

Catherine Hill is also a nice dive but check in with either Swansea shop or Pro Dive before you go there and get some info on the dive site.

Terrigal Haven is a nice easy dive. The Skillion Cave and area around it can be good but only in great dive conditions other wise it is a bit dangerous as that area is prone to wave activity.

Thanks for the good information.
I am really looking forward to getting down and dirty with the Adelaide.... But unfortunately I can't make it for the inaugural weekend :-( hope you all have a great time diving it in 10 days!
Maybe I will see a few of you on the bottom?

I saw a few GNS at Foggy Cave on Sunday and reportedly there were even more Monday. Conditions were fantastic for the cave at The Skillion earlier last week but Tracey is spot on: don't try it in less than optimal conditions. The Haven has also been reasonably clear and is a great relaxer for a third dive in the afternoon. Conditions generally have been great, water about 22-23, flat seas and good (for Central Coast) vis. Wind and wave have picked up the last couple days, though.

Terrigal Dive doesn't have a club but has a long association with Terrigal Underwater Group which is truly independent. Bob Diaz (Pro Dive) runs a store "club"; or at least did. My information might be a bit out of date.

I'd happily recommend Les and Fran at Terrigal Dive, if their boats are full and conditions are great I'd call Bob before missing a dive.

Back
Top Bottom