Diving the Dominican Republic in Dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildbill...do you know the name of the dive shop at Melia. I went back to their website and they have no mention of it.

Sorry Frog, I don't.... I went to the PADI locator website and couldn't find it. I also actually viewed the Resort in Satellite map mode and there was no marker located on the site. This makes me think that they are NOT PADI Affiliated, just using the name. If you are PADI Divemaster you may want to call PADI and have them research for you. I'm sure they would be interested in knowing someone is using their Affiliation without their permission. I also remember not seeing anything mentioned on their website when I was viewing it prior to going and was kinda puzzled when I saw them there.

Thanks. I sent an email to the resort requesting more information. Still waiting to hear back. We were just in St. Maarten, and a lot of the dive shops have subcontracted satellite shops at the resorts where they run/rent their beach toys (snorkels, rafts, etc). When I dove there, because of the affiliation, the dive boat picked me up right at the resort. But at least that resorts website had a link to the dive shop. And the satellite shop was not listed on the PADI site either, just the main shop. I'll wait to hear back from the resort. I still have a little time.

UWESCUBA - Scuba Diving is the site of a buddy of mine who has been living in DR for many, many years. Although his operation is in Casa de Campo, I'm suggesting him for any readers who may be looking for more advanced diving. Uwe is a good guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom