Diving the Double Down 9/19/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Alaska / Florida / In the air between the two.
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Thanks to the guys that responded and joined me on the Double Down Saturday.

We left one member short, sorry you couldn't make it Robin, you were missed. But family comes first, we can dive another day.:wink:

We left Monterey for Carmel headed for Flintstones. the swell was moderate, 5-7 feet a slight current. vis 25-30 feet. enough particulate matter in the water to interfere with any photography less than 6 inches from the subject.
The second dive Jon brought us to Mono Lobo to get a break from the western swells
again 25 foot vis but no current to speak of.
Final dive of the day we dove Aumentos deep. here the water was greener. descending to 60 feet we had 20 foot vis. did I mention the Sea nettles around 20 feet? what a laugh watching Chris bob and weave in an attempt to avoid the swarm.

Thanks again, we'll have to do this again. how about in Cozumel?:wink:

DSC_2857.jpg

DSC_2828.jpg

DSC_2818.jpg

DSC_2798.jpg

DSC_2780.jpg

DSC_2783.jpg

DSC_2785.jpg

Nice photos! What's that red, Christmas ornament looking thing?

Damn, Mike - no hood? I've tried that and got the worse brain freeze ever!
On the surface I don't like to wear my hood. Since we were chillin waiting for the boat to pick us up I took it off. If you look you can kinda see it on my left forearm.

Nice photos! What's that red, Christmas ornament looking thing?
I think it is a type of fish eating anemone. From what I'm told after they've got something to munch on they close up while they digest. They look a like like the green tentacle ones but they have the strawberry colored tentacles.

brewski: great pictures, thanks for sharing.

mikemill: regarding your masks, sounds like one suicide and one maskcide.

BTW you forgot to mention the two suicidal masks. One that decided to jump off the side of the boat and the other that decided to bash itself into the seat.
Yes its true Lucky is no longer with us. My infamous lazer stare will live on only on old photos from this point on.
At the very least, the habit of carrying a spare mask was justified this trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom