Diving the Yukon!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you all pick a For Sure time let me know. My schedual is so wild I can never say for sure when I am free. I currently have SOOO many irons in the fire right now with these sites that I am coding around the clock. It may not seem like it always but believe it or not there are dozens of new things added to the sites constantly.

I guess now is as good of a time as any to also thank those of you that have been contributing and helping out, both on this forum or with any of the other dozens of things we are doing.

=-)

Either way works for me guys, if all of you want to dive the Coronado's then so be it. It's just that I have at the minimum 200 Coronado's dives, and only a couple of dozen Yukon dives. The kelp beds however are different everytime you dive. If it's O.K. for everyone here, I'd like to use the Blue Escape. It's a much more comfotable boat to dive off of. With more room, onboard air, heaters, hot water and the best snacks it gets my vote. But like I said as long as I'm in the water I'm happy. I'm even up for some canyon dives.

Let me know what everyone thinks and we'll shoot for making some reservations in a few days. K?

Mario = ]

Hi Mario,

I looked at the schedules again and I can't reasonably make the early morning dive on Saturday with Blue Escape after arriving so late. So to try to get this thing started I've decided to book (thru Sport Chalet) the afternoon 2 tank dive on the Yukon on Saturday and the 3 or 4 tank dive on Sunday at the Coronados (which I've never seen, sorry Mario). I'm hoping this will get me the greatest variety. I can change the Saturday reservations by tommorow if anyone has a better plan and there is ample time to change the Sunday reservation. I hope some of you will be able to join me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ralph

I'm game for the PM Yukon dive. I can book the Ocean Express to the Coronados for their AM dive and hopefully be back in time for the PM Yukon dive and still have had a nice long surface interval.

Either way will work for me. Should i make my reservations now?

Guys,
Please call the Blue Escape at (619)223-DIVE and book a spot for the Nov 12th pm Yukon/Kelp trip. It's a two tank boat trip that leaves at 12:30 and comes back at 4:30 and it only costs $60!!!!

I talked to Matt, the co-owner and he assured me that they still have spots available. Looking forward to diving with ya!

Sea you in the Deep Blue,
Mario

http://www.blueescape.com
(619)223-3483

I'm on the Blue Escape, for the PM Yukon dive! Be there or be dry...

oh, should i bring a wreck spool? Are we planning on doing a buddy,group dive, with penetration dive? If we have a group, I can get some good pix of divers in the wreck...

Maybe if viz is good.

Btw, If you do get some good pics of the dives, let me know and I will set up a gallery of them for any of the dives you do.

=-)

that and my submersible pressure gauge swivel started blowing bubbles all its own! Serves me right for doing all those sandy beach shore dives! Now my reg has gone in for its annual overhaul and i will be high and dry for 2 weeks.
BTW, the kelp at Point Loma was nice! Big schools of blacksmith, juvenile jackmackerel, and juvenile senorita!
The flu caught up /w/ me so i aborted the last dive!

maybe in 2 weeks: anyone want to charter the Blue Escape for say, an all day grand slam? The Yukon, Ruby E, NOSC tower with a final 4th dive at Point Loma?

Cap'n Matt Silva offers awesome service and a fairly fast boat! The two DMs were good as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom