Diving this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSDing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone gonna be out on the water this weekend that wouldn't mind me tagging along?

We'll be diving tomorrow at Furry Creek if you want to join us. My son is newly certified so we won't be going deep. We'll be there at 10 am.
Andrew.

Guys, do you mind if I join in? I want to test out one of my regulators that just came in from some minor work. It would be good to have an extra pair of eyes checking out things behind my back.

Turbo Sab, bighiller and I arranged for a dive at Kelvin. Have some good dives, guys.

Novaflyer and I hit up Furry Creek on Sunday. Despite some rough surface conditions we had an excellent day of diving. There's a great wall there if anyone is interested in checking it out. Hope to catch you guys another day.

I should have got a cell number for you TSDing. We were on the Sea to Sky when I realized I'd forgotten my boys weightbelt. Luckily Slamfire saved the dive but I forgot I'd planned to meet you. When we got to Furry at 10:30 no one was there.

I've been meaning to check out Furry Creak - need to expand the repertoire a little bit. TSDing can you possibly give me some pointers on where the actual entry is, how to hit said wall etc. I tried looking at google maps in the context of some older posts on here and I couldn't put it all together.

-Tom

I should have got a cell number for you TSDing. We were on the Sea to Sky when I realized I'd forgotten my boys weightbelt. Luckily Slamfire saved the dive but I forgot I'd planned to meet you. When we got to Furry at 10:30 no one was there.

We arrived at Furry at 11 or so. Too bad we missed ya. Get ya next time.

I've been meaning to check out Furry Creak - need to expand the repertoire a little bit. TSDing can you possibly give me some pointers on where the actual entry is, how to hit said wall etc. I tried looking at google maps in the context of some older posts on here and I couldn't put it all together.

-Tom

The entry is at the end of Beach Dr next to the cul de sac. There is plenty of parking there in the lot right before the cul de sac. You'll see a path that wraps around the condos and there is a stone walkway off this path.

The beach itself is strewn with logs, twigs and boulders so be careful. Once in the water swim to the northern most white buoy. From here you can either swim north another 20-30 ft then ascend or ascend from here to a depth of about 5-7 metres, depending on the tide.

The bottom is sandy with a pretty steep slope that quickly drops to about 20-25 metres. You should see the start of the wall at around this depth. I hope this helps and if anyone has a more detailed site description, please feel free to add.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom