Diving this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Supposed to be gorgeous at the beach tomorrow and Saturday (high 70's or low 80's and sunny). Laguna viz is improving (they say 10-12 ft. today, less than half that yesterday). Wetsand is predicting some big NW swells the next few days and negligible South swells, so I guess south facing beaches are the way to go this weekend.

Anyone want to hit it on Saturday PM or Sunday? I want to try out my new handheld depth/distance finder gizmo. Works pretty slick in the swimming pool.

What a great idea! I'm definitely up for a Sunday AM dive...eyeballing that 0830 hightide and thinking maybe....Old Marineland in PV? Or what ever else looks good. (It was breaking 3+ at Hermosa today, so sheltered would be good.)
Claudette

mccabejc:
Supposed to be gorgeous at the beach tomorrow and Saturday (high 70's or low 80's and sunny). Laguna viz is improving (they say 10-12 ft. today, less than half that yesterday). Wetsand is predicting some big NW swells the next few days and negligible South swells, so I guess south facing beaches are the way to go this weekend.

Anyone want to hit it on Saturday PM or Sunday? I want to try out my new handheld depth/distance finder gizmo. Works pretty slick in the swimming pool.

I was planning on getting out there this weekend in Laguna. But I haven't nailed down the day or time just yet. I talked with dr.jet (AKA the diving chorizo), and he has got himself a new BC he wants to try out, so he is working on getting a day off, he just doesn't know which day yet. I am OK for either day, but I was holding out for Mr. Dr.Jet.

Will know more tomorrow.

Here's what I'm thinkin': on Sunday morning the Sandeaters are going to Corral Beach in Malibu http://www.geocities.com/sandeaters/sites/cb.htm

Never been there before, but it looks like a nice easy dive. Maybe if we're lucky we can get Scottfiji (Mr. Malibu) to join us and show us around. :D

I'm thinking Malibu will be pretty well sheltered from the NW swells. I worry that Marineland and Malaga will be hurting this weekend.

I'm also looking at the Laguna webcam:

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/california/laguna/

and it looks pretty nice this morning. Not much in terms of surf, and the sets are few and far between. I'll call the lifeguards later this morning to see what they say. Damn, it looks inviting. Wish I was there right now.

I have been up in NorCal all week and they were surfing 20'+ waves up here. How were the waves this week in socal?

I was on the rental car shuttle in San Jose airport with a guy who was toting a dive bag, so I asked him if he was going on a dive trip. He said he was moving to Bonaire. Bast@rd!

I'd dive this weekend but I am flying Sunday.

I think I am going to be travelling alot for work now, which means less diving...

David,
From the dive reports I've seen it looks like swells were pretty mild this week, but it's been frigid and rainy. Wetsand is predicting 4-6 ft. NW swells this weekend and into next week.

BTW, just called the Laguna lifeguards and they are saying diving is fair this morning, with viz at only 5-10 ft., surf at an inconsistent 2-4 ft, water temp 57 degrees.

http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=sm&zoom=-2
swell model
looks ok :) on the south facing beaches......

mccabejc:
David,
From the dive reports I've seen it looks like swells were pretty mild this week, but it's been frigid and rainy. Wetsand is predicting 4-6 ft. NW swells this weekend and into next week.

BTW, just called the Laguna lifeguards and they are saying diving is fair this morning, with viz at only 5-10 ft., surf at an inconsistent 2-4 ft, water temp 57 degrees.

OK it's 1:30 in the AM and Dr.Jet is MIA - got a tum tum I guess. Abrown203 I'll be in Laguna in the AM got the alarm set for 6:15 so I'll probably be there around 7:30. If you want to dive call me @ 909-208-1370 and I'll either hear it ring or just leave a message. I am driving a '90 GMC white P/U. I figure on diving in the Shaws cove area.

Mccabejc ----I might be willing to do a Sunday in Malibu. I have never been there so let me know your plans.......hopefully not too early high tides at 8:24'ish. I'll check the board tommorrow night or you can call and leave a mesage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom