Diving Thunder Hole: Acadia National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A quick clip from the family vacation to Maine this summer.

My 14-yr old son and I drug our lead and thick suits all the way from Florida. A short video of two dives at Thunder Hole on a very calm day. Not sure many people have seen what the area looks like from below the water.

[video=youtube;Cjgck-zakT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjgck-zakT8&feature=share&list=UU1utDku8vJRJYgBZImLyLJQ[/video]

We were snorkeling the whole trip, vis was around 7 to 12-15 ft the whole time, Didn't seem much different down to 35 ft or so. I have had better vis at other times, and much worse for extended periods too. I think the water was maybe 52 on top, I don't really know. My son is used to Florida and was surprised by how numb his lips got.

Jim,

Thanks for sharing. You always got something to grab our attenton. Much appreciated (and welcome back to the cold). :D

Jim,

Thanks for sharing. You always got something to grab our attenton. Much appreciated (and welcome back to the cold). :D

Thanks, the music was a little over the top, cracks me up every time I watch it..:rofl3:

WOW.. I was there this past summer in a baseball tournament (from Fla here also) in Bangor. Had I known about this I might have packed some gear and checked it out also. Spent quite a bit of time in bar harbor and in the park beautiful place

That was great! Thanks for sharing. Acadia NP is about an hour from my house and now on my list to check out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom