Diving Vista Point for the first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George the Greek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm diving Vista point for the first time, can anyone give me some directions there and/or advice for entry points and maybe where to dive? All I know about it so far is that I will be able to get deeper and that it is by the original Marina.

Thanks,
George

I-17 to Carefree Highway a.k.a I-74
Head West on Carefree Highway about 8 miles
Come to Harbor Blvd, take right.
Take first left into Marina
Pay $6 CASH toll (exact change is appreciated)
Go to Stop Sign, take right.
Go to Stop Sign, take left.
About 100 yards after turn, you will come to a fork in the road.
Take dirt road in the middle, up hill.
At top of hill, stay to the left.
Go down small hill, winding around the point (lake on your left)
You are now entering Vista Point. There are two places to dive.
First place is on your right hand side with an old gravel road that goes into the lake.
Second place is a little further down the point, near the picnic table

If you have four wheel drive, you can try to back down the old gravel road and entry will be easier. To get deeper, you will need to head to the North.

If you do not have four wheel drive, do not attempt to back down the road. I have seen a fair amount of divers having to get towed up the road.

Over by the picnic table, you will have about a 40 to 50 foot hike down the hill. The picnic table is a flat place to set up. The climb down can be dangerous. Once you are in the water, there is a channel off to the north. It is a paved boat ramp with walls on each side. Makes for an interesting dive. And, yes, this is the fastest place at Vista Point to get deep.

Vista Point is a great dive when the lake is full. It is a real challenge with the lake level being this low.

Have a great and safe dive.

Here are a couple of images showing vista point as John so well described. Obviously, these images were taken when the lake was full.

lake%20pleasant%20vista%20point%20overall.jpg

Lakepleasantvistapoint.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate the info. Unfortunately my dive buddy came down with the flu and have no one else to go with. So for now I'm appreciative of having my 4x4 but patiently waiting to dive there...ok, I lied I'm not patient, i'm Anxious :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom