Diving Week of May 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AtomicZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

I am going to be in Pensacola on business the week of May 10th. I get in on Sunday and leave the next Saturday. Since I'm so close to the ocean, I'd like to get in some diving while I'm there. Most likely, I will be limited to night/late evening dives so if anyone is interested in diving with me, send me a PM or post your information so we can get in touch!

Thanks!
:D

Dr Dive,

What sort of things do you have going on? Will any diving be affected by the oil spill?

Zach Hawkins

An oil leak like whats happening has never happened, nobody can really predict whats going to happen with it...

If you get the opportunity to dive, I would strongly recommend Dr. Dive. He's a great guy and has a top notch boat.

I appreciate everyone's kind words and support. We are, of course, monitoring the situation and hoping for the best. So far, the prevailing winds and currents have kept us in the clear here in Pensacola. As we are moving into the summer months, the usual SE winds and east to west current patterns may spare us the worst of it. We are hopeful, but as mentioned by SuPrBuGmAn, we (thankfully) have no history of experience to go on.

I'm encouraging folks interested in coming to the area to proceed with plans and make reservations. What will hurt us all the worst is people shying away in anticipation of the impact, only to find later that the trips could have run. All the charter captains are seeing cancellations, even though we do not have any oil in the area as of yet. Some folks are still coming and we appreciate the vote of confidence. The schedule is open and we will be running trips as we get reservations. Hope to see everyone soon.
Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com
Dr Dive | Facebook
850.932.6602 office
617.943.5553 cell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom