Diving without a mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley:
All you have to do is lace your fingers together, hold your cupped hands tightly against your forehead and exhale into your hands forming an air bubble around your eyes.

You can see just fine and you don't need no stinkin mask.....
But you dont have use of either of your hands, or at least one if you try to do it one handed :wink:

Just direct the bubbles from your reg to your eyes...and wear a ball cap to keep them there.

I can't see anything but blurry outlines without my mask. In S&R we have to ditch all of our gear and surface. Then we have the option of going back down for it (11'). Whenever I do that I go for the blur and hope I grab and follow the right hose to get to my reg. It reminds me of the days before my RK (pre LASIK corrective eye surgery). I can't tell it's my reg in my hand by looking at it. I have to feel it. And this is in a pool. Also, I can't open my eyes in all pools because of the chemicals - they burn too much. I've tried opening them in the ocean, but the salt burns too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom