Diving Yukon, Ruby E & Kelp on Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Concept11:
I plan on going out on the Lois Ann in San Diego on Sunday to dive the Yukon. Can anyone who has done it before please give some details of the dive? (How deep? Vis? What type of BC do they rent? etc...). Thanks.

The depth varies, depending on where on the structure you're exploring, but figure you'll be between 65 fsw and 85 fsw for most of the dive. The conditions vary from day to day, sometimes hour to hour. You can be there in heavy surge and 0' of visibility, or it can be calm and 50' of visibility. reports from the last few days have it as cold (low 50's) and fairly decent visibility with minimal surge. Let's hope it holds. I have no idea what type of equipment they rent. You'd want to contact them and inquire about that well before the day you dive.

John-Boy

krowsea:
The depth varies, depending on where on the structure you're exploring, but figure you'll be between 65 fsw and 85 fsw for most of the dive. The conditions vary from day to day, sometimes hour to hour. You can be there in heavy surge and 0' of visibility, or it can be calm and 50' of visibility. reports from the last few days have it as cold (low 50's) and fairly decent visibility with minimal surge.

Thanks for the quick reply John boy. This sounds great. I hear it will be sunny this weekend in San Diego too.

Concept11:
krowsea:
The depth varies, depending on where on the structure you're exploring, but figure you'll be between 65 fsw and 85 fsw for most of the dive. The conditions vary from day to day, sometimes hour to hour. You can be there in heavy surge and 0' of visibility, or it can be calm and 50' of visibility. reports from the last few days have it as cold (low 50's) and fairly decent visibility with minimal surge.

Thanks for the quick reply John boy. This sounds great. I hear it will be sunny this weekend in San Diego too.

One correction though. I just reread your post, and realized you were asking about the Yukon. For some reason, I was thinking Ruby E. Basically everything else applies, except for depth. The Yukon is between approximately 85 fsw and 105 fsw, depending on where you are. I hope this helps.

John-Boy

Concept11:
I plan on going out on the Lois Ann in San Diego on Sunday to dive the Yukon. Can anyone who has done it before please give some details of the dive? (How deep? Vis? What type of BC do they rent? etc...). Thanks.

Reference this site for info on the dive site.

http://www.divebums.com/main.html

Hi John-Boy

My boyfriend Steffen and I, Lora are going out on the boat as well for the RUBY E, which will be heading out at 1pm. Hoping we will see you there. This is our first wreck dive. Definitely stoked!

Lu

johns alive!!!!!

Oops, I was doing a search for the RUBY E and saw that message. I'm new and I beg of you, let this one slide...wink! Thanks for telling me, I went on the boat this afternoon and didn't see John. I have to do something with this hair!

Lu
headhunter:
I don't know. This thread is well over a year old. Maybe someone can tell John to drop by and say, "Hi!"

Christian

LchelleD:
Oops, I was doing a search for the RUBY E and saw that message. I'm new and I beg of you, let this one slide...wink! Thanks for telling me, I went on the boat this afternoon and didn't see John. I have to do something with this hair!

Lu
No problem! We're all just having a little fun here! Besides, now you've got us all wondering what's up with John Boy! :wink:

Hope to meet you at one of our SoCal get togethers sometime.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom