Diving Zanzibar!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dialeemo

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to east afirca and will be in Zanzibar for 2-4 days and was hoping to get some diving under my belt. Could anyone who has been give some information on: Who to dive with, what I might see, how much is costs and any other relevant information. Thanks a lot.

I was lucky enough to do my ceritifcation here :) We went with One Ocean (www.zanzibaroneocean.com) divers on Zanzibar island. I found them very helpful and patient during my certification but bear in mind I don't have much experience of dive outfits. IIRC it costs about 60 USD for a day (two dives) including lunch.

What can you see? Just about everything! The coral all around the archipeligo is fantastic; you can also spot dolphins, rays, giant groups, and much more. There are even a few wrecks. Mnemba Atoll is supposed to be a great site, as is nearby Pemba island.

One thing I would not recommend is diving from Dar es Salaam itself. The reefs off the coast here have been heavily damaged by dynamite fishing and are not spectacular.

I hope this helps - if I have missed anything please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom