DMC Changes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easdem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I understand that there are some changes to the DMC program staring in June '11. If I am starting the program in January, which standards will I be going through... june '10 or june'11??

The changes can be implemented from the end of the year onwards. Which program you go through will depend on your instructor though I would think that the majority of instructors will want to start with the new standards as soon as possible. Thats my plan of action! Have a great time on your course and good luck!

ah, that's a shame... I really wanted to do the internship.... :depressed:

You can talk to you instructor and see if they'll let you use the 2010 rules. However, I believe you have to finish before the new rules become mandatory. I started my DM with one set of rules but didn't finish it before the 2010 rules became mandatory. Had to finish using the new rules.

Although PADI no longer refer to Option A/B, role playing/internship; it is still perfectly viable, and actually encouraged for you to assist on real student classes (as an internship) on the new program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom