• 51-75

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • 76-100

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 101+

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think u should ask as well does scuba instructors or Dm enjoy all there dives or guidance in the water, and can they call these dives fun dives. ?????????????

No wherenear as many as I like. I suppose that's why I like dive holidays. I take a lower qualification card and stay incognito. Everyday in the water is better than a day at the office, but there is alot to do and keep an eye on when guiding and teaching, especially if you are trying to ensure the satisfaction of clients and turn them into regular customers. Some classes are great, and others seem more like hard work. I love to share my passion, so that helps.
Cheers all ears,
The one and only,
Gasman

My teaching career has gone through a number of phases. As a new instructor, living int he West Pacific, I made a living teaching diving, which was an easy transition, as I had spent the previous year as a professional divemaster. Upon moving back to the states, I went to work as a contract instructor for a LDS that required us to "bid" for specific contract schedules. I ended up spending the next 2.5 years working 40 hours M-F and teaching all day on the weekends. Luckily my (then) so was also an instructor, and we "team taught" exclusively (a method I highly recommend). It was pretty hard to find time to dive for fun inthose days, and we made a lot of late night dives. I got burned ou on that pretty quickly, and for the last 5 years or so I have only taught very specific specialties and I am lucky inthat I am the only Instructor at my LDS teaching cavern, trimix and associated stuff, so it's pretty easy for me to pick and choose when I want to teach and how. Consequently, I dive more for fun now than I do for work, and I think I am a better instructor because of it.

chickdiver once bubbled...
....... I got burned ou on that pretty quickly, and for the last 5 years or so I have only taught very specific specialties ..........

.........unidirectional aquatic performance 101.

I tend to teach diving mostly in the summer, and fun dive mostly in the winter. i travel a bit in the summer to dive destinations to fun dive.

I probably fun dive more than i teach, now mind you i make all my teaching dives fun dives.

on an other note.....who logs their teaching dives...i personaly don't count them or log them as dives

all dives are fun - but since I got my AI almost 2 years ago I have not dragged any students around!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom