DMW-MCTZ10 - OEM housing for TC10/ZS7 - Please Help w/Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I meant for TZ10/ZS7 camera.

Hi all that have this housing. I can't seem to find any information on it - even called Panasonic and they can't tell me.

What is included in the box - any extra o-rings?

Can you get replacement o-rings (and other parts)? Where and how much are the o-rings?

Who can service them, what accesories are available (dome, etc.) and who has them?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
if i am not mistaken, there is a spare o ring and a tiny tube of silicon. I dont think you need to service the housing, i just leave it in fresh water for a few hours after the dive. Some suggested to the o ring out, clean it, and put it in a ziploc bag when not in use.

For accessories, you can try UWdigitalcamera.com, Yuzo is very nice and knowledgeable. Backscatter.com is good too...... all u need is google..

I meant for TZ10/ZS7 camera.

Hi all that have this housing. I can't seem to find any information on it - even called Panasonic and they can't tell me.

What is included in the box - any extra o-rings?

Can you get replacement o-rings (and other parts)? Where and how much are the o-rings?

Who can service them, what accesories are available (dome, etc.) and who has them?

Thanks!!

I just bought the OEM marine case for my ZS6. It is the same case as ZS7. Previously, I have used Panasonic Marine case for TZ1. I used it in over 50 dives and I didn't have any problem with the o-ring.

The ZS6 case comes with spare o-ring, silicon gel and desiccator packs. The case is solidly built and provides full control of the camera.

In my experience, if you take care of the o-rings, then they can last for quite a while. With the spare o-ring that comes with the case, you should be able to get at least 200+ dives before looking for replacement. I am going to purchase an extra spare now while they are still available.

Hi all!

I bougth spare o-ring at the same time that I bougth the housing only to discover that there was one in the kit.

The spare o-ring took a couple of weeks to arrive.

I have done 3 weeks diving with the housing and it works great.

I just bougth a INON Z-240 strobe and a I-Torch video light to go with it.
I tested it in the pool and the results are amazing.

I uploaded a youtube from our last vacation with the zs7.
search for diving in maria la gorda by huguesbarilcom

Ive got to also give a thumbs up for the TZ10 OEM housing. While not as well made as the Fuji OEM housings I was used to (no double O-rings), it does the job well, and will allow attachment of wet lenses (the Inon 165 works a treat!)
Just bought a YS01 strobe to go with it, so will see how it goes in a fortnight when I head back to Egypt
Moose

Ive got to also give a thumbs up for the TZ10 OEM housing. While not as well made as the Fuji OEM housings I was used to (no double O-rings), it does the job well, and will allow attachment of wet lenses (the Inon 165 works a treat!)
Just bought a YS01 strobe to go with it, so will see how it goes in a fortnight when I head back to Egypt
Moose

My has a YS01 and it was not syncing properly with my ZS7. That's why I bought the INON strobe. I hope you have better luck then I did with the YS01.

The synching works fine as long as you select forced flash and switch off red eye. I get full TTL or manual with no problems. Havent tried it without a fibre optic cable though so cant say on slaving without
Moose

mooseman
could you tell me how you used the inon 165 with the panasonic tz10 as i have both and i dont know of an adapter that is available.
cheers.

Gentlejay
Inon themselves make a mount base for the TZ10 which screws into the tripod screw. It works just fine, though there is some vignetting at the widest setting. Most of the macro pics on my flickr account were taken with this setup (Flickr: mooseman1007star's Photostream) in Bali last year. There is some Chromatic aberration but managable.
Another option is the one made by Dyron For Panasonic housings - Adapters M67 | DyronStore | Underwater accessories
One thing you will need to do is make a new diffuser if you are using the onboard flash as the lens causes a shadow.
Moose

hi mooseman
sorry but i got confused,i meant the inon UFL 165 AD fisheye.
but maybe you or someone else can help,at the moment i am using a fuji f11 with inon fisheye,but i feel this camera is now old technology,am thinking of selling the fuji and inon and getting housing and dyron wide converter for my tz10,do you feel this combo will be wide enough for most situations?i.e. reef scenes and CFWA?(i realise it wont be as wide as the inon fisheye)
also i have strobes,so diffuser not an issue.
judging by your shots (which i think are outstanding by the way)of the manta and reef scene(i am guessing you dont have wide converter)so with wide converter,maybe should be just enough to be true WA.
another reason why i want to swap is the tz10 has full manual control,which i need.
regards
jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom