Do I need a new light??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I primarily use my light(s) on wrecks in Key Largo, searching in reefs when needed, and night dives in warm water critter watching.

I have had these intovatec lights since I started diving. I assume 'intovatec' is now simply tovatec. I'm not sure how bright they are since they don't have model numbers on them that google finds at all, but in the dark they seem pretty bright. They do beam and flood by simply sliding the head of the light, and are aluminum.

My question, am I simply feeling like buying new lights because that's fun, or are these really all I need and I'm not really going to get much more bang for my buck in any new lights in similar size? The only complaint I have is they aren't rechargeable batteries. As you can see it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. These seem as durable a product as I've ever bought.

I really like the zoom in/out feature which doesn't seem to be on many lights of similar size I have looked at on the various standard websites.
20220707_182729.jpg

Thoughts?
TIA

Attachments

• 20220707_182729.jpg
    20220707_182729.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 47
Take a look at Kraken dive lights. They have a 2000 lumen light with rechargeable batteries.

This looks like a similar light with the 45 degree wider angle.

Maybe this is all you need if in fact they use C cells

I guess I can use something like this. I still may buy that 1500 zoom. :)

So, I primarily use my light(s) on wrecks in Key Largo, searching in reefs when needed, and night dives in warm water critter watching.

I have had these intovatec lights since I started diving. I assume 'intovatec' is now simply tovatec. I'm not sure how bright they are since they don't have model numbers on them that google finds at all, but in the dark they seem pretty bright. They do beam and flood by simply sliding the head of the light, and are aluminum.

My question, am I simply feeling like buying new lights because that's fun, or are these really all I need and I'm not really going to get much more bang for my buck in any new lights in similar size? The only complaint I have is they aren't rechargeable batteries. As you can see it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. These seem as durable a product as I've ever bought.

I really like the zoom in/out feature which doesn't seem to be on many lights of similar size I have looked at on the various standard websites.
View attachment 732135

Thoughts?
TIA
Do these take 2 cr123 batteries in series? I have a similar intovatec set that I got off Facebook marketplace that I substituted one rechargeable 16650 for the 2 original cr123, albeit at a lower total voltage (3.7 vs 6). I think some later variants even had a removable sleeve that allowed rechargeable 18650 as a substitute choice as well.

Do these take 2 cr123 batteries in series? I have a similar intovatec set that I got off Facebook marketplace that I substituted one rechargeable 16650 for the 2 original cr123, albeit at a lower total voltage (3.7 vs 6). I think some later variants even had a removable sleeve that allowed rechargeable 18650 as a substitute choice as well.
Yes, these all have 2 cr123's in series. Interesting about the replacement for sure!

Back
Top Bottom