Do I really have to pay $50 for one Flat Gasket for Zeagle BC Shoulder Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shekes

Contributor
Reaction score
My Zeagle Scout would need one "Flat Gasket for Zeagle BC Shoulder Valve" as depicted here:
BC Save-A-Dive Kit - Pockets and Knives - BC Accessories - Zeagle Dive Systems

Problem number 1: I could only find it as 345-0405 BC Service Kit for at lest $18
Problem number 2: I live in Ireland and shipping from the US costs around $30.

All I would need is dropping 1-3 of these little rubber rings in a standard envelope, lick a stamp and mail it to Dublin.

Is there a way to achieve that goal for less than $50?

Sure email Zeagle, ask them to send you the part in a standard envelope, lick a stamp, and mail it to Dublin.

Does your local hardware store have anything that's functionally equivalent? It's just a gasket.

@chrpai I am sure you meant it well, but unfortunately your suggestion makes me feel even more stupid than the SSilly one. Strange as it may seem to you I am probably more qualified to convince people to lick stamps than I am to select the right piece of rubber. I just don't trust myself with that stuff yet. And what makes it worse: it isn't actually my BCD but my GFs.

"Except for the Shraeder Valve Insert, the parts in this kit are universal and can be used on many makes of BCs."

It's awesome that Scott will do that for you. Still, a caliper should give you the thickness ( and if you don't have the original anymore someone here would be able to tell you. You could always cut out the gasket from suitable material. Naturally you'd want to fit the gasket and test the BCD for proper inflation / holding pressure.

Of course I'd prefer an OEM part aswell but if I didn't have one and I wanted to go diving this week.... :)

@chrpai I had been to my LDS with my BCs last week already. But I followed your advice, called again and got the same answer. But in reality they might be wrong because they might in fact be able to order a DiveRite gasket that might fit from a DiveRite dealer in the UK. That is what I found out later by kinda matching the Zeagle&Oxycheq gaskets to a DiveRite part and calling first DiveRight in the US and then their distrubutor in the UK. Unfortunately, my LDS is unreliable and very, very expensive. They have very limited stock and anything you want to order you pay in advance and can't return. That is why I ordered all our equipment online from the US. Well, I guess a letter from Scott will do a lot better.

Why doesn't Zeagle enter the EU-market I wonder? I would get mysef a Flathead reg and I am sure I am not the only one.

Don't go to the hardware store. The odds of you guessing the proper thickness are pretty slim.

Send me a PM with your name and address. I will be back in the office on Wednesday and I'll take care of it...

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, I don't even have a dog in this fight as they say BUT just wanted to say THANK YOU for being a Responsive Dive Gear Manufacturer!

Minor expense to take care of a customer's issue; MAJOR brand building effort that should not go unnoticed by members of this community that sometimes go kind of hard on our gear manufacturers!

The "Flat Gasket for Zeagle BC Shoulder Valve" arrived today. Thank you very much!

Long live Zeagle!

Back
Top Bottom