Do It Yourself DIR Knife and Sheath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thoughts exactly UP! PM on it's way to you.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

BTW.... Gearhead... when we going diving?

needle-nosed pliers, an upholstry needle, and dental floss!

:eek:ut:

Speedster, all I can picture is lots of blood and 2 or 3 needles sticking through your thumb, fingernail and all. :holycow:

GearHead once bubbled...
Speedster, all I can picture is lots of blood and 2 or 3 needles sticking through your thumb, fingernail and all. :holycow:

yup, but are you picturing the blunt end of the needles sticking through?? Pushing them suckers thru heavy nylon webbing is not easy.:rolleyes:

Mike

Does Betty make regs and BCDs also?

:rofL:

That knife is actually a great idea. I may have to make one for a small back-up.

You can also get nylon "all purpose" scabbards, some with a velcro strap, at Wal Mart for a couple of bucks. That might save some of you dudes a little blood shed. :wink:

When I sew, I pass the caribou bone fragments and sinew to the little lady and she does it for me.

Just joking, please don't flame me for the sexist comment, I do all the sewing in my house.

Speedster and Pez, I've just gone one thing to say to you overachievers:

:notworthy: I'm not worthy

Thanks for the laughs! :D :laugh:

When I made my sheath I to was going to sew it. After the pain and bleeding subsided I immediatly went to the cobbler. I think the feeling is returning to my fingers...

canuckdiver once bubbled...
needle-nosed pliers, an upholstry needle, and dental floss!

:eek:ut:

That wasn't dental floss, that was the remnants of O-rings eyepatch bikini after the last Jello Body Shot Twister game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom