Do they have DIN valves at Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has nothing to do with the 21st century - if most of a dive ops customers will have yoke regs, it makes sense for them to have mostly that. Yoke is pretty much the common standard in the Caribbean (and quite a bit of the world, actually.)

You need to check with the dive ops you are interested in. You will probably find some hybrid valves and you may find some regular DIN valves. I'd speculate that the more an op markets/caters to European divers, it's more likely they will have more DIN valves available. But I think if you use a DIN reg it makes sense to take an adapter when you are traveling, just in case.

I am diving sidemount so i don't want to use yoke adapters. I know that i can contact all the operators on the island and ask, i juat wish someone would have done the job already.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

I love diving and teaching others to dive.

Some do and some don't....... 99% uses yoke.

Best option is to take an adapter just in case.

I am diving sidemount so i don't want to use yoke adapters. I know that i can contact all the operators on the island and ask, i juat wish someone would have done the job already.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

Many of us prefer and own DIN regulators but are flexible enough to carry yoke converters to use when needed. I would hate for that to limit my diving

I have yoke adapters, i can dive them but i don't like them. I am asking if anybody has first hand knowledge about local dive centers in Curacao so that i would not have to ask them all individually.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

Because I have several excellent first stages, when travelling I sometimes take one of each, a yoke SP Mk5 and a DIN Mk10. I don't like adapters; they are lighter but almost as bulky as a first stage, and much too awkward when set up for use. A mini-wrench allows immediate change from one first stage to the other.

Check with CSS at the Marriott: Curacao dive operator Caribbean Sea Sports
Over 160 tanks 80's & 63's with Yoke and DIN connections.

I'm pretty sure I saw some convertibles at Go West also when they were still an Ocean Encounters shop.
GO WEST Diving - EN - Curacao Padi Scuba Dive Center - GO WEST Diving
[user]Bryan.[/user] is their GM. He's also a tech diver.

Probably Ocean Encounters at Lions Dive also - maybe not at their satellite shops at the resorts. Someone does tech diving at OE.

Alain probably has/knows where to get DIN tanks also - he also teaches sidemount: Tec Diving Curacao

Let us know what you find for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom