Do you dive without......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How small a bottle is that? Is it on a backpack?

I jury rigged a 13 on a ABS DR plate that would not work on my old scubapro backpack.

I'm pretty sure there was a plastic backpack; I have no idea the volume of the tank. We had a portable compressor just yards from the waters edge (3'x3' tube frame, Briggs & Stratton perhaps) so it was pretty unlimited. :)

halemanō;5419214:
I'm pretty sure there was a plastic backpack; I have no idea the volume of the tank. We had a portable compressor just yards from the waters edge (3'x3' tube frame, Briggs & Stratton perhaps) so it was pretty unlimited. :)

The first one Dad put on me a 72 CF steel 2250 ? . It was petty big on me.

I am actually looking keep a 19 or 30 on the boat when we hunt in the Keys. Mostly snorkel depth (with my Garas :)).

But my packpack has a steel band that won't accept the smaller diameter cylinders. I'll probably just use an APS plate I have.

What amazes me i that any of you guys could afford underwater cameras..they were for rich people.

No one I dove with, from late 60s until the mid 90s could afford an underwater camera...

The rest of our gear was well taken care of.

We even went "blue water" diving, outside of "tame" environments with double hoses, backpacks, no spg and great big GD knives...

What amazes me i that any of you guys could afford underwater cameras..they were for rich people.

No one I dove with, from late 60s until the mid 90s could afford an underwater camera...

The rest of our gear was well taken care of.

We even went "blue water" diving, outside of "tame" environments with double hoses, backpacks, no spg and great big GD knives...

Mine was a Nikonos I or II.

As you can see from the quality of the pics, I only had the standard lens.
I had a Toshiba strobe at one point. I have to look for my slides, But I am not certain if I even had any pics with it.

My cousin handed my camera and strobe down to me after I rolled in. As he gave it to me he said "what's that dial for on the rear of the strobe?" "There is no dial." I sputtered and realized later he must have been talking about the screw down seal to the battery compartment.

Mine was a Nikonos I or II.

As you can see from the quality of the pics, I only had the standard lens.
I had a Toshiba strobe at one point. I have to look for my slides, But I am not certain if I even had any pics with it.

My cousin handed my camera and strobe down to me after I rolled in. As he gave it to me he said "what's that dial for on the rear of the strobe?" "There is no dial." I sputtered and realized later he must have been talking about the screw down seal to the battery compartment.

I wanted a camera so badly, never could afford one until my kids started diving, first was a MX10 then I went digital....

I'll have to dig out the knife to say for sure which one it is. It's not the biggest, but I was 11 when I bought it. It was as big as it could be & still fit between my knee & ankle at the time :wink:

1st tank I put on was in the dive club one cold winter evening when I was 10. A steel 72 & it hit me at the knees & head at the same time.

SeaHawk is my weapon of choice, true they don't hold an edge very well but so what, it will hack through cable and can be used to bludgeon anyone or anything foolish enough to take on it's owner, all in all a grand knife.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom