Do you love your iPhone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

since Verizon doesn't have it, does me no good here. I barely have coverage from Verizon and none from other carriers.

I was fortunate that my work provided me with one. I think it's a great for it's phone and multimedia (music, video, photos, etc) features. But though it does have an internet browser, link to YouTube, personal email, etc., the slow EDGE network used for internet connectivity does an injustice. For the price I would have expected it to support Cingular's 3G network. Once the 3G version comes out, it will be a much better 'all-in-one' device.

Also, I've been toying with putting my .mpg and .mp4 (Quicktime) movies on the iPhone through iTunes, but apparently iPhone has a native video format (even different from the standard Quicktime mp4 format), so another conversion has to happen.

Even at its new low price, I still think it's far too overpriced for what it really is.

the slow EDGE network used for internet connectivity does an injustice. For the price I would have expected it to support Cingular's 3G network. Once the 3G version comes out, it will be a much better 'all-in-one' device.

It's got WiFi, does your work not allow you to use it on the network? Besides when you're out and about there are plenty of open networks around.:D

I'm still waiting for a much higher capacity version and more apps. It still can't replace my Treo 650

Wys.

Hi Ann Marie,

Yes, I love the iPhone. I had a Treo that was a challenge to synchronize with my Macs, now all of that is history. I use almost every feature except YouTube. My favorites are the Maps (since I travel often), Safari (the Internet browser), and visual voicemail.
Some of the earlier posts already mentioned a few of the negatives features like the keyboard, which can take a bit of getting used to, the slow EDGE network, and the earphone jack being different. In addition, I also think the camera could be bit better.
For me, the positive features far out weight the negatives ones. Visit an Apple Store and try the phone yourself, I think you’ll be happy with its looks and performance. :D

Good Luck,

IG-Dive

The wifi is a nice touch to the Treo 700wx. I can down load internet pages just as fast as my home computer on highspeed cable.

Thanks for all of the replies!!

I've been using the HP ipaq and have no complaints. I bet the iPhone doesn't run Outlook does it? I now sync all my work and home computers. What does it run for a calendar, contacts, etc...?

I'm afraid to go to the Apple store as 10:1, I'd own the new iPhone. :D

Thanks for all of the replies!!

I've been using the HP ipaq and have no complaints. I bet the iPhone doesn't run Outlook does it? I now sync all my work and home computers. What does it run for a calendar, contacts, etc...?

I'm afraid to go to the Apple store as 10:1, I'd own the new iPhone. :D

Hi,

The iPhone works with Outlook or Outlook Express on any PC. See link bellow:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/getready.html

IG-Dive

and iphone??? i dont even have a ipod! :lotsalove:

:D

Oh, no...we MUST fix that....:11:

FYI, I do have a BRAND NEW (in the box) 30GB Video iPod....only US$200 + shipping, if anyone's interested

Back
Top Bottom