Do you think cloning can help save various species?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pterantula:
No, I say **** the humans; no other animal indiscriminately kills anything it can - especially as a collateral consequence, as we humans seem to love to do - without making use of the kill in some way. We kill just to kill. (Speak for yourself - there are billions of us that don't do anything like you are claiming) Let nature take some back. (Humans breed far too much, too often. I mean it. Ours is not a competition with the environment for survival anymore, and further viral infestations of humans brings the quality of ALL life, everywhere, down.) (Once again - speak for yourself. YOU certainly seem to have the desireability of a virus)

I had no idea when I posted this question that venom like this would be proposed.

Where can I find some good literature, on or offline, about this topic?

NatureDiver:
Where can I find some good literature, on or offline, about this topic?
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton? :confused:

Yes there's a lot of good information there but I mean more like essays, articles, and non-fiction books.

pterantula:
Not always: what about the efforts to protect the habitats and populations of cougars, venemous snakes, the New Zealand Katipo spider, etc? Protecting these animals presents a real danger to human life & habitat, and slowing development into these habitats means severe economic consequences for humans as a result. Are taipans and scorpions really all that cuddly?

Yes and no - you have to be more specific; "appealing" also means "philosophically appealing", i.e., if we KNOW we're killing indiscriminately, and that this indiscriminate killing inevitably leads to MASSIVE species deaths across the board, then yes - that does in fact "ruin the Earth"... I can think of no other animal with the power to DECIDE to simply kill everything in sight, on such a massive scale. This goes beyond humans and that which with we're comfortable.

No, I say **** the humans; no other animal indiscriminately kills anything it can - especially as a collateral consequence, as we humans seem to love to do - without making use of the kill in some way. We kill just to kill. Let nature take some back. (Humans breed far too much, too often. I mean it. Ours is not a competition with the environment for survival anymore, and further viral infestations of humans brings the quality of ALL life, everywhere, down.)

I believe this is another example of how intelligence can out weigh common sense or i should say that the over educated pollute not only our goverment but our Scubaboard.:light:

dbombtek:
I believe this is another example of how intelligence can out weigh common sense or i should say that the over educated pollute not only our goverment but our Scubaboard.:light:

Well, whatever. I was sorely tempted to craft a lengthy dissertation in response, but there is truly no point. You just don't get it, nor will you ever. Go on then, with your happy little "common sense" lives. In the end we all know who the real pollution is.
(And I love that smug little halo-emoticon, as though you deserve to pretend that you are somehow on the high ground.)

Whatever.

pterantula:
Well, whatever. I was sorely tempted to craft a lengthy dissertation in response, but there is truly no point. You just don't get it, nor will you ever. Go on then, with your happy little "common sense" lives. In the end we all know who the real pollution is.
(And I love that smug little halo-emoticon, as though you deserve to pretend that you are somehow on the high ground.)

Whatever.

I took the time to read several of your SB posts. I also read your MySpace page that you have linked in your profile. You really do have issues don't you? You have been much like a turd in the pool during this conversation. (This thread about cloning animals for conservations sake) Of course I am sure that you think you are so much smarter than the rest of us that we can't even reach your level of intelect. Just so you know... You very much come across as pathetic.... but then again... this isn't the first time you have been told so... is it?

Lance

This thread is about cloning, right?

Zingtea:
This thread is about cloning, right?

Yes, it is, thank you. I responded to you personally, Lance, since you've gone to such great pains to make me feel small. I'm now done with anything more to do with this thread.

Back
Top Bottom