Does a uni degree make you dumb??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
finally.... after working full time at his day to day job, teaching scuba on weekends and 5yrs doing a uni degree part-time, hubby will be graduating May 9th!!! :multi:

so i was amused to see in the mail today a guide on how to put the cap and gown on!
Graduation - Charles Sturt University

Dress-up How-to
Gown
Gown goes on first.
step1.jpg

Trencher:
Put it on your head.
hat-3.jpg

whew... now that was 5yrs and tens of thousands of dollars well spent!

Yay, hubby! Congratulations! :)

It doesn't make you dumb....but it doesn't make you rich, either. :(

i don't know ... before i went to law school, i was ignorant and happy ...

and after i finished law school, i was still ignorant but really unhappy

so ...

When I started college I thought I knew quite a lot.

Six years and 2 science degrees later, I came to the conclusion that I was wrong. The longer I went to school the more I realized I didn't know.

I've got a PhD, and let me tell you - I know a hell of a lot about a teeny-tiny-minuscule little subject area. World-leading expert and all that.

:dork2:

Outside of that I'm just as dumb as everyone else.

Bryan

Congrats to the hubby! As others have said, the degree doesn't make you dumb, but it might make you realize how dumb you already. Ironic that some of the instructions in the link are not even in correct English. Me, I could handle the cap and gown, but I did need help figuring out how to make the hood look right (the colored sash thingy the is drained around the neck for some degrees). Turns out it needed safetly pins - isn't that trying to fix a skill problem with an equipment change?

finally.... after working full time at his day to day job, teaching scuba on weekends and 5yrs doing a uni degree part-time, hubby will be graduating May 9th!!!
God for him sticking it out.

I did my degree while working 40 hours/wk. About killed me too, so I know what he went through to get his diploma.

Congrats to your Hubby! I graduate this spring as well and I feel like I still dont know enough. There isnt a single moment when you go ....huh...I fell smart. I am left with the feeling of, "thats it?".

Whether or not it makes you smart or dumb, it sure opens a lot of doors for opportunity and is well worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom