Does anyone have information ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charity6262

Reaction score
I was looking on e-bay today, and I found some dive knifes for a good price. When I went to do some reasurch on them, but I couldn't find any. The name that was given was "The Tiger Shark Dive Knife". Does anyone have any information on these knifes, and if so please contact me at:

Charity6262@yahoo.com

Thank you for your help.

Charity6262:
I was looking on e-bay today, and I found some dive knifes for a good price. When I went to do some reasurch on them, but I couldn't find any. The name that was given was "The Tiger Shark Dive Knife". Does anyone have any information on these knifes, and if so please contact me at:

Charity6262@yahoo.com

Thank you for your help.

Yup. They are marketed quite often through "Bud K" knife catalog, and some others. They are low end dive configuration knives. Probably as good as any other to begin your 'losing of the knife' lifetime parade of blades. The ones you mention are marketed as having a "gut hook" which is good if you swim by a road kill Manatee. They're excellent with a little lemon and butter. Low Carbs.

I think they should retail for maybe under $10, but I see they are listed by the ton on ebay for $13+5.75 s/h opening bid. 'Bout as cheap a deal as you'll find. As good as any knife for casual use, keep it greased before and after a dive. Get the two for $20 price point, share one with a friend or keep it as a spare. As I said, the single most often lost piece of dive gear. I must have 20 found knives in a cardboard box... anybody want to sell me that empty matching sheath you own?

Knives are highly over-rated. If I'm having trouble with any particular buddy, I just slip the boat captain $10 and we leave them adrift.

Roatanman gave good advice. There are a lot better choices out there for cutting tools-Z knives, shears

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom