Does anyone want to come?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm planning to go to Thailand next March and do a 6 day/24 dive liveaboard in the Similans on the Mermaid 2. The guy that was going to come with me has been banned from the trip by his wife :11: so at the moment it looks like I'll be going alone. I've asked another friend from the UK if he is interested - but I think that it's fairly unlikely that he'll come either. As going alone means that I'll probably have to share a cabin with a total stranger it occured to me that maybe someone else from here might be interested to come. I'm planning to fly from Fukuoka on the 20th March and join the boat in Phuket on the 21st. Anyone interested?

Kim
It's a nice offer, and tempting. This year, my spring is all planned out already. Let's keep each other posted about diving we have going on in the future and maybe we'll get to hook up one of these days...

JAG

Well that's a pity JAG! I'll definitely stay in touch for the future. Still, I'd like to meet any SB members from Japan so if anyone else is interested - speak up! I telephoned Sunrise divers yesterday and they still have places free - but probably not for too long (they were already booked full until the beginning of February) - that means a small group is also still possible at this moment. If anyone wants to know what's involved then you can check the Sunrise divers website for the Mermaid 2 - I already checked the JAL flight price - that's around 73,000 yen. (It might be cheaper from Tokyo - or if you have airmiles)

Kim, we (4-5) are actually going on a trip to Similan from Phuket on March 21 for 5 days with the Viking of the Orient in case you want to join.

Thomas

TJO:
Kim, we (4-5) are actually going on a trip to Similan from Phuket on March 21 for 5 days with the Viking of the Orient in case you want to join.

Thomas
Thomas - I just ran a search on Google for this boat and was surprised to see that it's also through Sunset Divers. Are you paying their web price for it? If you could PM me with details I am very interested - especially if your group is an odd number and me coming as well would even things out.

If you go on Mermaid and Mark is still the DM brush up on your Austin Powers and The League of Gentlemen...

Either way it will be a great trip but I can't go as I have an exam that weekend and my project should be going live - :mad1:

I was in Nagasaki the other weekend and saw some boat dives so next time the wife drags me down there me gear will be coming too!

Jonathan:
If you go on Mermaid and Mark is still the DM brush up on your Austin Powers and The League of Gentlemen...

I don't get it, but I must admit I am intruiged by the analogy...

jagfish:
I don't get it, but I must admit I am intruiged by the analogy...

Hopefully Kim did as he is British I believe... Though I suspect he left before the league of gentlmen came out - I know I did, thankfully!

DVD's they like to watch after dinner - where is the farsha? We had a dutch family on board at the time....

Well I must admit I did get it. Austin Powers isn't exactly my favorite actor though!! The kind of stuff for teenagers IMO - although I did like his voice-over in Shrek.
Anyway - it looks like I'll be joining Thomas which all things considered sounds like a load more fun! :wink: I'm working on the flight now - we booked it last night but JAL is making it difficult to use my airmiles for a reduction. Hopefully we'll get that sorted today. As it stands now though it should be March 20th - off to Phuket, and the 21st - onto the Viking of the Orient. Way hay!!!!! :D

It will be fun Kim! The Viking is a really nice boat and you know how good the diving is in the Similans... Anyone else interested to join? Email me at thomas@jue.jp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom