Does Leisurepro have a rep on here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Top, I just wanted to give this a little bump in case Brett missed my response.

I doubt the first thing Brett does in the morning is bust ass and come down and check out this thread.

Why don't you PM him? or call him. he gave his 800 number and extention and email.

Or do you want him to answer publically because you feel you've been "wronged?"

Seeing how this thread is the only posts you've had on this forum, it looks suspicious as to what your goal is.

Some folks here like LP.... some don't.... and I don't know Brett personally, but he's been pretty decent in being straight with folks here.... cut him some slack.

I doubt the first thing Brett does in the morning is bust ass and come down and check out this thread.

Why don't you PM him? or call him. he gave his 800 number and extention and email.
The main reason is I believe this to be a topic a few on here have questioned in the past . It does not effect just me, it effects anyone that has the same issue. Is this some big secret that it needs to be handled in private? It is a published policy, plain and simple. As for what Brett does and does not do, I agree but I also did not want this topic to fall to the way side. It is a simple question.

Or do you want him to answer publically because you feel you've been "wronged?"
Nothing of the kind, I have had requests honored and one denied of which I have decided to purchase elsewhere.

I would prefer this to be done on here simply because I feel the policy is arbitrary and do not believe they have a legitimate reason under their policy to deny a guarantee request but do so anyway. I think it is fine to deny it but don't advertise that you guarantee a price if you will not. I have dealt with other on line companies that have always followed their own policies. Why does LP get a free pass on this?

Seeing how this thread is the only posts you've had on this forum, it looks suspicious as to what your goal is.
Does my number of posts have anything to do with the topic? I have been very polite and simply asked for an explanation. For you or others to come out and defend them like I am doing something wrong would allow me to ask the same thing of you. Would it not? Why are you defending them? Whats your goal? Brett is free to answer the question or not it is a legitimate question.

Some folks here like LP.... some don't.... and I don't know Brett personally, but he's been pretty decent in being straight with folks here.... cut him some slack.
I too like and use LP all the time but i do not do so blindly. they have a policy in place, it is clearly written and they advertise based on that policy.

1DIVER1, sorry I didn't get back to you faster, I'm a man of many hats around here and got a bit distracted, the holiday season is definitely upon us. Give me a bit to go over the situation and I'll get a reply posted.

Brett, I understand. This has to be a very busy time of year for you. We frequent NYC typically every year around this time and always stop by the showroom to pick up some things. I can a test to how busy you are and thank you for looking into this.

There's another recent thread around about LP's failure to match a price. I'd guess that the recent sharp devaluation of the euro vs the dollar has made it impossible for them to sell inventory (bought earlier, with weaker dollars) as cheaply as Scubastore without taking a loss. If I were you, I'd just buy it from Scubastore before the dollar tanks and those low prices are gone.

1DIVER1, Let me try to work through your questions in order.

I have recently requested a price using this policy but never received a reply. I resent it and no reply to that request. I assumed the company is very busy so I called to inquire about an item. The repsonse I received about this particular item does not seem to fit the policy so i was wondering if you could assist.

You should have received a response to your price match request. We have a number of people whose job it is to check into each request and give you a custom price match. As with any system there is room for error, for example, your price match is responded to by e-mail. Possibly your e-mail address was incorrectly typed into the form, possibly our reply was sent to your spam folder or blocked outright. Maybe the person who was handling the request accidentally deleted it. Bottom line is that it wasn't just ignored, we would much rather you get a response from us then feel that we ignored your request.

I don't know that the actual product is of any relavance here but the price comparison was coming from an overseas company so the guarantee was verbally denied due it being from an overseas company. I understood the reasoning but that does not coincide with the policy as no where does it state (that I can see) that overseas companies are excluded from the policy. It clearly states ebay and auction sites which I completely understand and agree with since you never know what your getting with them but the site in question clearly states the full price for a brand new identical item and clearly shows the total delivered cost.

Now I don't work with price matches very often but I am aware of a few things they look for. The question usually revolves around what the actual final price is going to be. The perfect example of this is of course the e-bay items, you don't always know what the final price is going to be or the specific condition of the item. The same thing goes with less than legitimate dealers, usually not the scuba sites that we compete with, more often then not they are online dealers of cameras. Not going into too much detail the bottom line is the price you see online is not the one you are going to get, not to mention the big head ache they cause once they get your order. You also mentioned that your request was to match an overseas company, it gets a little tricky here as well. Not only are we competing against a different company but also against the exchange rate. We also do not know if you are going to get charged import duty, they may say it's free, but they have as much say over what's charged as you do. I have been on the receiving end of duty charges, it basically felt like they pulled a number out of their hat and said that's what I owed. To top this all off we do run on a razor thin margin sometimes, our system is designed to take advantage of volume and efficiency. Sometimes we are not able to do the discount that is being asked for, in the unusual event of this happening you will still be notified by e-mail.

I have read over our price match page and will see if I can try to get things made a little more specific. I do believe they were aiming to keep it short and sweet because in the end the vast majority of price matches are approved and go off without a hitch. I hope this clears things up a little bit, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

If you got a better price from someone else why don't you just buy it? Why take the time and energy to bother with it? Let me guess "it's the point of it" or "it's the princible of it" You should take all that extra energy and time and make a few runs for "meals on wheels" or join a big brother program.... Of course this is just my own opinion.. I have lots:D

Better off e-mailing him. He can be off the boards for a few days at a time now and then.

You should have received a response to your price match request. We have a number of people whose job it is to check into each request and give you a custom price match. As with any system there is room for error, for example, your price match is responded to by e-mail. Possibly your e-mail address was incorrectly typed into the form, possibly our reply was sent to your spam folder or blocked outright. Maybe the person who was handling the request accidentally deleted it. Bottom line is that it wasn't just ignored, we would much rather you get a response from us then feel that we ignored your request.
First let me say thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Regarding the e-mails. I agree my e-mails have always been answered in a timely fashion. However, with this past request I received none on both requests. Probably a glich as you say and it is busy season. Understandable and I got through by phone anyway.

Now I don't work with price matches very often but I am aware of a few things they look for. The question usually revolves around what the actual final price is going to be. The perfect example of this is of course the e-bay items, you don't always know what the final price is going to be or the specific condition of the item. The same thing goes with less than legitimate dealers, usually not the scuba sites that we compete with, more often then not they are online dealers of cameras. Not going into too much detail the bottom line is the price you see online is not the one you are going to get, not to mention the big head ache they cause once they get your order. You also mentioned that your request was to match an overseas company, it gets a little tricky here as well. Not only are we competing against a different company but also against the exchange rate. We also do not know if you are going to get charged import duty, they may say it's free, but they have as much say over what's charged as you do. I have been on the receiving end of duty charges, it basically felt like they pulled a number out of their hat and said that's what I owed. To top this all off we do run on a razor thin margin sometimes, our system is designed to take advantage of volume and efficiency. Sometimes we are not able to do the discount that is being asked for, in the unusual event of this happening you will still be notified by e-mail.
Ok, I can buy that it is sometimes hard to compare to overseas because of the duty I guess. It can be random at best. I have ordered quite a bit out of the UK and there is seldom rhyme or reason to how much I am charged. I was looking at this from my point of view. I was trying to compare to a very reputable company but from LP's view unless you track every company I suppose there it would be tough to regulate. On the other hand the better companies are fairly well known.

I have read over our price match page and will see if I can try to get things made a little more specific. I do believe they were aiming to keep it short and sweet because in the end the vast majority of price matches are approved and go off without a hitch. I hope this clears things up a little bit, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Simple is better for sure. Brett, I am not trying to bust on LP or you in any way. I buy a lot of gear and I buy a lot gear from LP. I like to know that when I find a better price I can go to my trusted sources and get the same product for the same price, heck I don't even mind being told we paid a little more so we have to charge a little more. Maybe I was a little put out because a few e-mails where ignored and my phone call was not handled exaclty as I would have liked. What I got was a very short answer that basically stated they could not and would not match the price, when I inquired about the policy they stated it is not really a policy just a guide line. I read it completely different, it does not say guide line it says Best Price Guarantee.

Thanks again for the reply.

dear Brett, how much to do an annual service on my regulator and how good is my manufacturers warranty? do you pay shipping and insurance for the service? Is there a manufacturers warranty? If i get a minor free -flow where should I take it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom