Does such a mask exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
Does there exist a frameless, low volume, two window mask, for which perscription lenses are available?
Thanks, Stas

Yeah, I'll get bashed for saying it....but since your in NY check out liesurepro on the web and just type in what you want

I looked on LP. Nothing that fits all the paramiters.

wow thats crazy...what about the Atomic? its not 2 windows but a few guys out here dive them and really like em. just don't know how they can correct the vision w/o seperate windows, must be liesurepro false advertising

You're probably not gonna find a frameless, two window mask on the market. The lenses in a mask have to be on the same plane underwater. Otherwise, your vision will be distorted. In a frameless mask, the lens acts as the "frame", if the lenses were split, the mask would lose its "frame," and the skirt would distort somewhat and allow the lenses to be in different planes.

If you can compromise and go with a single lens, most frameless masks on the market can be fitted with prescription lenses that "glue" onto the inside of the stock mask lenses. The only catch would be that the "glue in" lenses might touch your face in a mask with such low volume.

You might try an Oceanic ION mask. Its not frameless, but it is super low volume, and prescription lenses can be snaped into the mask frame making it a very lightweight, low volume solution.

Check it out here: http://www.divesports.com/mall/oceanic_mask_ION.asp

Brad Ellis

Remember that off the shelf pop in lenses probably will not provide ideal correction especially if you have significant astigmatism correction. The more demanding the prescription the more desirable internal overlays become. It's not just how well you think you see at the moment but how comfortable your eyes are after an hour or more.

Hmm, maybe I don't grasp the concept of 'frameless', but I thought 'frameless' and 'two-window' is mutually exclusive? The mask either has a frame (that holds the two windows) or it is made w/o a frame (therefore, only one window).

?

Back
Top Bottom