Does the new touch bacpac work on the Hero2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acteg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know if the new touch bacpac works with the hero2? Just wanted to double check before I buy it.

What does that mean exactly ?

They work but, the web site shows they are only good to 9' and the touchscreen function doesn't work underwater.

Touch Screen = Happy Times adjusting camera settings while not in housing.

The manual states that the touch functionality will not work with the hero 2. But it does not mention any other issues. I think I will go ahead and get the touch bacpac in case I update to the hero 3 later

Call up GoPro Tech Support to get the fine details............they're great at that......seriously, awesome guys willing to help out at GoPro, I think they all have "one of everything" pieces of gear on their desk and try to replicated issues right there on their phone................'course I could also go plug my H3 LCD touch pad onto my H2, but that'd be too easy handing out candy like that..............but now you have my curiousity pique'd........call up gopro, and I'll see what happens when I push the On Button and touchscreen buttons on my H2...........also depends on the H2 firmware, and mine is a version old 'cuz I didn't want to crash it adding wi-fi.......that's what the H3 is for..........and the wi-fi works sweet on it too.

Almost time (I think it's Dec 12th) the 'Droid smart phone App is supposed to be out for the H3's.

I spent half an hour yesterday on hold with Gopro before I gave up. I just went ahead and ordered the touch backpack

Yes I think the touch bacpac works on Hero2. This is a quick video showing it works but there is no touch function. I doubt the firmware upgrade will enable it though.
Amazon.com: Profile For Jeff Aski: Reviews

Gopro's touch lcd instructions confirm this
http://gopro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/LCD_UserManual_Web_ENG_REVA.pdf

But does the Touch LCD supplied backs work with the Dive Housing at 100' ???

Have an e-mail to GoPro about this

Cheers

But does the Touch LCD supplied backs work with the Dive Housing at 100' ???

Have an e-mail to GoPro about this

The touch functionality does not work in the standard dive housing back at any depth. There is a housing back that the touch functionality will work with, but it's not suitable for diving. It's more "splash resistant".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom