Does this look familiar to anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hubby and I always called it "Swamp Thing Jesus"

From what I understand that church has an enormous amount of money and the rumour I hear coming from some cop friends is that it's drug money hence the name "Solid Rock" Church.

They've had a few interesting issues but with a church that big that isn't surprising.
Sued for bogus "Faith Healing"

They do use the money for good too:
Senior housing
Ber :lilbunny:

hey Jenny are you a colts fan? I am ,there going to do it this year!
Go colts
The christ of the abyss has his arms up the same way doesnt He?
how come we think thats cool and yet if we drive by something on the hywy it looks a little odd.
Maybe its because everything looks better under water.
You should see the big cross near effingham IL. its huge!
I am not much on roadside statues and such,but to each his own.
The bible says God has made everything pretty in its time,thats why i love the sea and nature.
Its their for us to enjoy,DIVE ON!

Ber Rabbit:
Hubby and I always called it "Swamp Thing Jesus"

From what I understand that church has an enormous amount of money and the rumour I hear coming from some cop friends is that it's drug money hence the name "Solid Rock" Church.

They've had a few interesting issues but with a church that big that isn't surprising.
Sued for bogus "Faith Healing"

They do use the money for good too:
Senior housing

Ber, I think the key to that whole story on the "faith healing" can be seen in this passage...

Perry's eldest son Bryan, who is also suing Bishop for allegedly mismanaging his father's multi-million dollar estate, said family members were duped by her

While I'm sure it is appreciated that they do, actually do some good...Just think how much more they could without a 60 ft, $250,000 Jesus!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
While I'm sure it is appreciated that they do, actually do some good...Just think how much more they could without a 60 ft, $250,000 Jesus!

That whole place has always given me the creeps even before big butter moved in. A girl I used to work with was some sort of "lay pastor" there, she was nice but there was something creepy about her too.:biggrin3:

Ber Rabbit:
That whole place has always given me the creeps even before big butter moved in. A girl I used to work with was some sort of "lay pastor" there, she was nice but there was something creepy about her too.:biggrin3:

I'm not a fan of the Mega-Church to begin with, I think they are all "For Profit" organizations disguised as churches. We have one here I affectionately call Six Flags over Jesus!! They have over 20,000 members. The place is HUGE, and they just keep building and building. Soon they will have their own zombie town!

Ok, this is the last time I hijack my own thread with my religous views...Too bad I can't report myself!

My husband's parents live north of Cincinnati, so we normally fly into Dayton when visiting, and usually have a few fine phrases for that monstrosity each time we pass it. I like the "Swamp Thing Jesus" moniker. I think we might have to borrow it, since it looks like he's sinking and needs to be saved. "Father, why did you stick me in this swamp?"

Just think! If they'd had $500,000, instead of a measley quarter mil, they could have built the whole statue, instead of only the top half!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
I think a few of us are planning a trip to Mermet...it opens in February...It will be cold, but fun!!

***Disclaimer*** This was totally meant to be a funny thread, didn't mean to bring the tone down by telling how much was wasted on "Cheesus"

Jennifer:

Any idea when you'll be going to Mermot? I just found out yesterday that I can go to Florida the first weekend in March for some diving (Woo-Hoo). If I can set it up, I'd like to join you at Mermot.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom