Doing my divemaster in Africa - help needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gekoski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking at doing my DM/a DM internship somewhere in Africa in October.

If anyone has any suggestions of where to go I would REALLY appreciate it - or any suggestions for dive centres. The most important things to me are:

1) Quality of diving - big fish preferred!
2) The area: beautiful beaches, somewhere fun to live but not too touristy
3) Somewhere I can practice videography
4) The cost: can't break the bank, would prefer a romantic place dotted with beach huts as opposed to high rise hotels which tend to be more expensive

I have heard great reviews of Mozambique but am open to all suggestions.

I am doing a wildlife documentary making course in the Kruger nationa park, south africa beforehand so would be good to go somewhere not a million miles from there.

Many thanks in anticipation for your help!

Aaron

Last edited:
I first evaluate the quality of the DM program - while your list would be great for a vacation, this is not what you are signing up for.

Not to say you can't find these things in an area w/a DM program, but I think you want to be sure what you will have when the program is finished.

I'm not a fan of any of the "90 day wonder" DM programs (we have them here in Florida), but others disagree - good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom