Don A Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All it takes is a little piece of under garment to get caught in that zipper, and you are done.
Not so. Every one of my undergarments has a line of little holes in them across the back from getting caught in my various drysuit's zippers. Care should be taken, of course, but snagging an undergarment is certainly no kiss of death.

Not so. Every one of my undergarments has a line of little holes in them across the back from getting caught in my various drysuit's zippers. Care should be taken, of course, but snagging an undergarment is certainly no kiss of death.

Good point. What I am talking about is when that little piece of undergarment gets itself so wedged in there nice and tight because you just had to pull that zipper a little harder.

Now,the zipper will neither open or close. Also, in my case, my tender isn't just closing that zipper, he's giving everything a once over while he's back there. When he taps me on the head, I'm pretty confident everything is OK. Least until the check clears.

You're a braver man then me!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

point made by steve...
have your buddy do it!!!!
experienced divers are one thing but going it alone with limited learning?
zipper ain't the biggest issue
have fun
Yaeg

And don't clean hulls if you have hullabody falling on phobia.
Make sure the guy at the Seven Eleven doesn't steal your car.
Make sure your head is in properly before you do the zip up.
Stitch a flap inside to protect your other bits from the zip.

What's your working suit of choice?
For awhile I wore custom Otter Bay neoprene drysuits. But I found that the cheapest Harvey's Aqua Capsule was more comfortable, just as durable and didn't require my gluing-in my own boots. I've since bought several higher-end Harvey's neoprene suits and have been disappointed in every single one. So I think I've given up on Harvey's. A buddy of mine bought a Bare Pro Dry D6 last winter and loved it, so I bought one too. I'll wear it for the first time tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

My solution is what I call my "solo-cord" :wink:
Its basically just a piece of cord I loop through the loop on the zipper and pull with. Kinda like the cord usually attached to the zipper on a wetsuit..

When thing is for certain, when you are working a suit, it has to do what you want it to, or it is going to make your time in the water miserable, which could effect your bottom line. Did you ever try a Viking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom