Don A Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you ever try a Viking?
No. I don't like shell suits, hate latex seals and don't want to have to bulk-up with undergarments to stay warm during a 6 or 7 hour day in the water. I want something that will keep me warm for long periods, is easy to repair and doesn't require a second mortgage to buy. Neoprene suits for me all the way.

One thing is for certain, if you are working a suit, it is like a tool. If it does not do what you want it to, it is going to make your time in the water miserable, which could eventually effect your bottom line.

Did you ever try a Viking?

Though the Viking has Latex seals, it is not a shell but made of vulcanized rubber. I have always found mine to be warm, to the point that I usually wear just a sweat suit underneath. And I mean in water temp to below 40 degrees.

Though the Viking has Latex seals, it is not a shell but made of vulcanized rubber. I have always found mine to be warm, to the point that I usually wear just a sweat suit underneath. And I mean in water temp to below 40 degrees.
A Viking suit is really overkill for my work, even if they weren't so spendy. And regardless- latex seals are a deal breaker for me. They're not durable, they're not warm and they're difficult to repair. I won't use 'em.

I love my tailor made neoprene with the self donning zipper that starts at the shoulder blade and ends at the crotch for surface interval urinating.

I love my tailor made neoprene with the self donning zipper that starts at the shoulder blade and ends at the crotch for surface interval urinating.
You spend as much time suited-up as I do and you'd better have a relief zipper built in! :D

Back
Top Bottom