Done diving this year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your physical health keeping you from diving.

Way to keep a positive attitude about life though! Now is the time to experience life vicariously.
Believe me, I have been there too and socializing with fellow divers is a great cure-all.

Good luck in healing and getting back in the water.

Marshall,
so sorry to hear about your situation and we only had one chance to meet up earlier this year at the DUI demo day.....

I'm with all the others. If you can-and get the chance to-why not enjoy the social aspect of diving with some of the late summer upcoming events. Just a thought. But hang in there buddy and here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

One of the fireman i work with had his hernia repaired. He was out of work for 8 weeks. His hernia was down low. He was told the lower the hernia the longer it takes to heal. So it could be as short as 3-4 weeks or as long a 8weeks.

Oh what a bummer....heal well- We were supposed to dive when my barotrauma cleared-and now that it has this most unfortunate occurence! I wish you a full and speedy recovery!

Sorry to here about your situation. I had hernia surgery and was off work for only two weeks and I have a labor intensive job at a utility company. In fact I tiled my bathroom a week after the surgery. This operation is as routine as they come. Good luck.

The most strenuous activity that goes on topside at Meet & Greet is lifting a bottle, glass, or food from your plate to your mouth----Oh yes, and laughing at all the antics and stories of Mitten and gtxl1200; Ber and Warmwater Wimp after a couple of glasses of wine. You might bust a gut at the Sat. night campfire:rofl3: so that could be hazardous to your existing condition.

Appreciate the sentiment, really do. I am feeling emotionally better than the last two days, coming out of this mental funk. It is true that there is so many worse things one can be diagnosed with, so in a way, I am fortunate. Not feeling sorry for myself or pity party, just disappointed my dive year is cut short.

It is just not lifting, but activity. Not supposed to lift my weights, can use my bowflex. Supposed to stop my running, too, but walking is ok. Not supposed to do things that cause a strain. There are times where diving can become rather stenuous. My surgeon appointment is September 4, who knows how long before repair surgery and recovery? I have to watch that it does not get worse, serious things can happen.

Wiz, I heard that!

Marshall I wish you an easy surgery and speedy recovery! Tell you what, I'll even let you wear the rabbit ears for a dive once you're back in the game :D That will either give you something to look forward to or give you a reason to be thankful you can't dive for a while :wink: You should go to M&G, the fellowship is the best part! I'm still hoping to get there...so far so good.
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi Marshall,

This is sad news but not the end of the world. You can now spend the next few months building up "credits" with the wife. When you are back to being in tip top shape you can then redeem your "credits" for additional dive days. Also, you should talk with some dive doctors to see if there is a way to incorporate diving into your rehab. Trust me my man there is a positive to this somewhere.

See you soon (either topside or blowing bubbles),

Bus

Back
Top Bottom