Don't know where to take this....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fabasard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have developed a safety device for divers. Where do I pedal my wares to vendors? Could someone point me in the right direction? I have shown the device to two friends, one a boat captian and the other a PADI CD, both agree it is well worth looking into. I appreciate any input that could be given. I WOULD patent the thing myself but lack the funds to get it off the ground, or in this case, under the water. THanks, Fab

Have you set up some meetings at DEMA?

First, I recommend you invest a few bucks to secure counsel. They will tell you how to protect your device pre-patent while you make the pitch tour.

Next, have your counsel draft up an NDA. Then you build a pitch, get some good photos of the prototype, and start dialing for dollars.

Reach out to the scuba equipment manufacturers - Make the pitch sans product, secure interest, execute the NDA, then take your proto to DEMA and hit the road.

Many of the trade shows I attend each year have a showcase to help inventors and innovators - sort of a "best of what's new". Most industry shows have these - not sure if the Scuba industry does. If it doesn't, it should. It would help motivate innovation and drive creativity - injecting some much needed new thinking into the Dive world.

My $.02

Good luck. Protect yourself at all times.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom