Don't Smile With A Regulator!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think some of you have issues that you're letting out on me!

you can't exist without killing something. correct.
your problem is?

why is someone who has never enjoyed a steak a sicko? or psycho? not sure which word you were trying to spell. maybe you had too much pesticide on the lettuce inside your burger today.

about the pesticides and ladybugs, i think you have no idea what you're talking about. but that's ok.

no i'm not a vegetarian, but see no reason why you should be so derogative towards vegetarians.

no i'm not an environmentalist. but i still feel strongly about touching marine life. i think it's wrong.

A wise person once said, "Opinions are like ....". Nevermind. ANyways, we all have opinions on here. Some are fact based, others are not. The truth of the mater is the interacting with wild animals is a very complex issue. As with discussing most complex issues, extreme's are often used to validate one's point of view -- thereby simplifying the discussion, but polarizing the argument. In the end, it often degenerates down to name calling.

I think it factually accurate to say that some interaction is VERY BAD for the target species, some interaction is VERY BAD for the source species (humans -- think Blue Ring Octopus), and some interaction is relatively neutral to both. If you choose to interact with a species, its a logical and perhaps moral obligation to know the outcome of the interaction -- beforehand. Whether you decide to proceed with the interaction becomes an informed interaction -- with the accompanying personal risk or risk to the species (which you may/may not care about, but that's a different discussion).

Yeah sorry I got kinda riled and called names. I'm just gonna drop it and not post here again.

underwater daphne:
hmm, how should i put this. you're not a very nice person. stay ignorant, be happy.
go play with sharks!

btw: i got the text from a book. i didn't research it myself, so if it's not true, then please prove the text wrong, by facts, not by insulting me.

ALL,
What did I say that was rude? Daphne tells me to go play with sharks (suggesting I go harm myself) and I'm the rude one??????

Nor am I ignorant. Exactly what statement have I made that is ignorant? I have a Masters degree in Business. I did absolutely no name calling. Daphne did quote Michael Moore, His movie has been PROVEN to be far from the truth in its presentation of material.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with my OPINION of our President the fact remains: I simply stated the true facts. Some people just don't want to hear them.

Daphne, the fact that you are not a vegetarian makes you a hypocrite. You cannot chastize someone for petting a fish then go eat a hamburger, steak, chicken, fish or otherwise. The treatment of animals on chicken/fish farms, etc. is 100 times worse than anything faced by a free roaming animal/fish.

Night Diver:
Fishfreak, am I missing something? You dove in an inland spring?

I think seabase in utah has a saltwater spring full of saltwater fish

I AM an environmentalist with a degree in environmental science. I also shoot fish. It's taking things way too far to worry about every interaction you have with wildlife causing a catastrophe. The places you need to be careful are reefs that get alot of people(like some keys reefs) and areas that are particularly nutrient defecient (The cayman Islands)
I'm oversimplyfying but the reason you hear so much about not touching the coral isn't because the industry gives a crap about coral, it's because it alters the experience for the next shill jumping out of the cattle boat.
If scaring a fish is going to kill it that species is so weak it wouldn't be around today.
Have fun out there.
Rice

outlawaggie:
ALL,
What did I say that was rude? Daphne tells me to go play with sharks (suggesting I go harm myself) and I'm the rude one??????

Nor am I ignorant. Exactly what statement have I made that is ignorant? I have a Masters degree in Business. I did absolutely no name calling. Daphne did quote Michael Moore, His movie has been PROVEN to be far from the truth in its presentation of material.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with my OPINION of our President the fact remains: I simply stated the true facts. Some people just don't want to hear them.

Daphne, the fact that you are not a vegetarian makes you a hypocrite. You cannot chastize someone for petting a fish then go eat a hamburger, steak, chicken, fish or otherwise. The treatment of animals on chicken/fish farms, etc. is 100 times worse than anything faced by a free roaming animal/fish.

yes, you're very smart. you're a real know-it-all.
i won't even bother.

underwater daphne:
i think some of you have issues that you're letting out on me!

you can't exist without killing something. correct.
your problem is?

I hereby raise the official "Troll Warning" flag when it comes to our gal, Daphne. Almost every time I see her posts, she's trying to stir something up!

She's almost as bad as our (now reformed) resident bad boy, Lawman, except not as amusing. Typically, after insulting someone, she then says they are rude to be upset, and goes off in a huff!

------------------------------------------------------------

:1poke: Michael Moore is THE stupid, fat, white man!

Back
Top Bottom