Dorcy 180 vs 220

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvav

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I tried my brother's Dorcy 180 the other day and really liked it. He said he thought they weren't manufacturing it anymore but that it was relatively comparable to the Dorcy 220 II. Besides the obvious lumens difference, he was under the impression that the 220 had a much wider beam. He also recalled hearing that there was some issue with the 220 but couldn't remember exactly what it was.

Do any of you know how the beams of the two compare? I really liked the focused 180 beam--I have a Princeton Tec Shockwave LED so I'm looking for something with a more narrow beam (and something that doesn't require eight c-cells). Also, have any of you heard about this mysterious 220 problem he alluded to? Is it something they fixed between the 220 I and the 220 II, or was he just mistaken? Thanks!

the problem was with the 180 lumens , batteries holder was defective in some cases.
The main difference is the body , the 220 has a better grip than the 180.
I have both, but now, i think you can only find the 220, get it, it´s a good dive light.

Unless they changed the reflector or something the difference should be 220 lumen vs 180 lumen. I'm pretty sure it's using the same led but just a more efficient version. The same current draw that produced 180 lumen is now producing 220 lumen (Q5 bin vs R2 bin more than likely).

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pick at least one of these up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom