Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK OK KIDS, CALM DOWN and let's begin again at Letter A
but take the coda!

As an ex H.S. Band director I must protest! If you crazy kids had practiced more instead of beer bonging and chasing after those cheerleaders you KNEW weren't gonna give you the time of day you coulda been a contender!

Besides, Dork Diver's agency will need a band for important civic functions like after dive BBQs and the
dive club musical (rehearsals start next week kids). :)

We could either stay incognito and play Dorkish ("Feelings",
"Tie a Yellow Ribbon") or sound like Jimi Hendrix on....oh I don't know....trimix!!!

Polish up the F horns and bones kids and let's put Dork Divers on the Map (or at least Off off Broadway!)

Remember even CESAs require a good embochure!!!

Does a singalong with the mandatory after dive BBQ countfor any DORK points :huh:

:popcorn::rofl3::popcorn::rofl3:

WarmWaterDiver:
I'm way ahead - I'm going to buy a kid's sand pail beach kit when I find one with an orange shovel, then mount it to my gear using a RETRACTOR!! Best equivalent to a belt clip case for a calculator I have come across reading the other threads.
If you want one, easy to find, $1.75.
http://www.rei.com/product/407146
The OP in the Orange Shovel thread wasn't being metaphorical.

A retractor has a lot of geek/dork points, but I'd guess this is positive
buoyant and a foot long and would get in the way (and then you're gonna die).

I think it would be more effective to strap it to your thigh.

When you see a shark and **** your suit, you'll have instant access.
After all, that's its designed purpose.

J.R.:
Uh... got a question... so, like... ummm... I wuzn't anticipating the development of DD.. I wuz' in my LDS yesterday and bought a set of twin jet max fins... now, in all honesty, I didn't buy them because they are *cool*... or because they'll prevent me from dying... I needed new fins and they fit and they were black and blue (which matchs the rest of my ensamble...)... so, like, is it "Un-Dorkish" to have these? Do I need to take them back and break out my OLD rubber jets of years gone past? Do I need to get a SECOND tank bannger to compensate?

I mean... I don't want to be un-dorkish or to tarnish the image of fellow dorks everywhere...

... please advise...

All is good. You said you got them at the Local Dork Supply.:D

MBH, what are you doing here! Get back over to the KoolAid forum where you belong! No dork T-shirt for you!

TSandM:
MBH, what are you doing here! Get back over to the KoolAid forum where you belong! No dork T-shirt for you!

Now, be nice. I note that MBH is a Deep South DIR. Deep South I have an affinity for, and isn't DIR a dork in remission?
:D :D

TSandM, had you seen me yesterday... in "perfect" UPSIDE DOWN TRIM....well I'll just say... it was NOT pretty. Dorkery at it's finest.

irishsquid:
isn't DIR a dork in remission?
:D :D

Now that would make a good sig line.:14:

irishsquid:
All is good. You said you got them at the Local Dork Supply.:D

I forgot to mention: You get extra points if the LDS is PADI (Professionally Advancing DorkIsm) affiliated.

:shakehead JEEZ, I'm getting into this too much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom