DOT exemption for PST E7 Tanks? Expires Soon? Renewed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

likely renewed again, the DoT doesn't want to deal with everyone submitting personal exemptions for it. I just bought 2 new ones last week and got them hydro'd.

I wouldn't worry about it. I also have quite a few of of their special permit tanks and the sky has yet to fall.

What would a good price to pay for a E7-100 that is out of hydro? With all things considered in this thread and others I am not sure about buying one I found used.

Is there a born on date on these cylinders?

Any word about the SP being renewed yet?

Didn't want to start a new thread...

@nismomobber all tanks are required to have their birthdates on there
SP will not be renewed until it is closer to the expiration date
Cost is what it's worth to you. I don't buy tanks, steel especially, when not in pairs, but I'd consider paying about $100 for it

It is the first hydro date on the tank.
Cylinder Markings

This dance goes on every time the permit expires. I don't worry about it because, should it not be renewed from what I understand, every tank owner could apply for the exemption and I don't think DOT wants the paperwork nightmare.

Bob

@nismomobber all tanks are required to have their birthdates on there
SP will not be renewed until it is closer to the expiration date
Cost is what it's worth to you. I don't buy tanks, steel especially, when not in pairs, but I'd consider paying about $100 for it
But I would pay more.

What would a good price to pay for a E7-100 that is out of hydro? With all things considered in this thread and others I am not sure about buying one I found used.

It depends on three things:
1) Whether you have access to a hydro facility that will requalify them in a reasonable way that will not introduce an unnecessary likelihood of condemning a perfectly good cylinder.
2) Whether the cylinder needs to be tumbled, and if so what that costs given your situation and the vendors you have available
3) The neck size, and if 7/8", whether the cylinder comes with a valve that you like.

I have been able to find good used HP100s and HP120s, out of hydro, for around $200-$250, with "correct" answers to all the above.

Yes, earliest hydro date.

I think you can safely worry about something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom