Dot number on a tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredT once bubbled...

If I remember correctly EU tanks have test pressure stamped right on them, so any hydro shop that can match the valve thread should be able to hydro them, they just can't do a DOT approved stamp on them. Without the DOT stamp most shops won't fill them so you're still out in the woods.

US bottles are tested at 9/5 of the working pressure but European tanks are tested at 3/2, so I don't think the hydo thing will fly. That is why the Scubapro 95's in this country are 110's in Europe, they test differently and fill to a higher percentage of TP.

AS I said the test pressure for the tank and certification design is right on the tank, so it can be hydroed to original specs.

BTW most tanks in the US are hydroed to 5/3 working pressure... A 3K tank test pressure is 5K. Some of the DOT exemption (E-XXXX) tanks use different ratios though.

The "new" specs are supposedly adopting the EU 3/2 ratio.

FT

Both Tanks are from HEISER the Maxpressure are 300Bar (4380PSI)
Ihave alot of numbers on the Tanks....

But i ow what i can do. We have curently a German Company for ouer Shutdown here. They shiped alot of stuff within. So i ask them, if their any way that they can siph my both Tanks back zu Germany.
And they say Yes. So i have no Problems any more.

But another question is can i Buy Tanks with a DIN Valve here in the US???

See Ya

Michael

Thanks for your help.....

Sure you can :)

also you can just get the DIN valves and change them on your tanks if they are Yoke style.

also you can get converters so you can hook up your DIN regs to yoke valve...

but, as far as i know (saw them in Divers DIrect) the new E serries steel tanks from PST come with DIn valve with yoke insert so you can hook up both types of regs to them.

(well, i though i saw the converter screw in them, i might have been mistaken though)

Back
Top Bottom