Double Hose diving at Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

george_austin

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles,CA. Alcoi, Espana, Los Barilles, Baja
# of dives
5000 - ∞
hey, everybody
so- - I will be at SCC in February and would like to plan on taking my Phoenix RAM on this trip -
I only use steel 72's with this reg at home (6.9 inch diameter tanks) Naturally this smaller diameter tank puts the cans closer to my back than a 7.2 inch diameter AL80 which is probably what I'll be getting at SCC.
Does 3/8 of an inch really make that much difference?
I am planning on taking the VDH standard issue backplate with my 18# OxyCheq bladder and dual SP style tank straps - if that makes a difference
As well, I assume I better have the PRAM configured in full tilt "modern" style with SPG, auto inflate LP hose and safe second stage - (Voit Avalon or AMF Swimmaster MR 12)

Thanks, -
G

You will not notice any difference in the regulator performance. You will need to adjust your weights. Just do a shore dive when you arrive to get your weights right and you will be all set.

I will send you an email via VDH tonight. If you can help me, I have a small favor to ask. I need to send a couple of small stuff (battery for dive computer) to a couple of dive masters at SCC and I will not be back until next November. It is small stuff that I will like to ship to you, to take down to them.

We have been going to SCC for years and they are very used to my regulators and other DH regulators. I have some DM recommendations, that we have been diving with for years. You are going to have a great time.

Sure, no problem on the batteries - very much looking forward to Santa Rosa Wall again.

---------- Post added December 29th, 2015 at 02:39 PM ----------

How are they on solo beach diving - I'm going by myself

The SCC has been well inoculated by the VDH crew. I am sure they will be fine with it, some of the DMs have borrowed ours.

There will be no difference using an aluminum 80, I prefer it.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom