double hose regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David now has a nice square label long yoke DA headed his way, looks like we have another diving member of the vintage community.

Yes and im excited to get this thing diving. If all my parts get here this week ill be in the water Friday with it.

Yes and im excited to get this thing diving. If all my parts get here this week ill be in the water Friday with it.

PLEASE do a search and read over the ones dealing with diving a double hose. They are different animals and require a different approach, sticking one on your jacket BC will not go good, trust me, been there done that. There are a lot of things you must know and learn to dive one enjoyably and more importantly safely. Some simple things like it WILL freeflow if you are vertical at the surface or if you turn over on your back underwater, or you let the mouthpiece go above your head. That is normal for DH regs but totally unexpected by single hose divers. The FF can be violent at the surface and will scare the dickens out of you if you are not expecting it......and what do you do to stop it ????? That is one many things you need to learn about diving a DH reg. Another is how do you clear the mouthpiece??? Again, fairly simple but something you must learn to dive one safely.
I love to see new members join the DH ranks but I also want them to go it safely and to enjoy the experience. It takes time, training and experience to do so. Unfortuantly, there are too few of us around the country to help new DH divers out and pretty much no dive shops even have a clue of how to dive them.

Yeah i have been reading on these for a while now, i have had the DH bug for a while to so i have tried learning all i can about them before making the plunge on actually buying one. Ill be shallow and i have one of the old aqua lung backpack harnesses i intend to use with it. I also have a military manta bc that i will use with it when i dive with a bc cause it sets the tank right against your back practically which i have read is paramount for good breathing performance.

Hey just wanted to introduce myself to the vintage forum i havent posted here before however i am interested in vintage diving equipment. I would like to someday have a double hose regulator---not one to look at i want one to use. I will be using an octo on my system for the safety factor however i do have some questions. First off is there any issue doing recreational depths with these regulators <132'? What would be some good models to look for that i can find parts to service myself? Like i said im not looking for something that looks like it came off the shelf, i actually prefer one that looks used. If anyone has something that fits this id be interesting in talking to you about a purchase if you are interested.

Thanks
David

Fine if you have found solutions and got fixed with the problems, even i am among the one who get issues with Hoses and Connectors.. I have found some list of suppliers where i have made my choice. If your problem has got fixed please share me the details where you have found the solution and what type did you choose.. Please mention Price as i always look to make a better deal than the past.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom