Double Pony Bottle? Please Explain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Check out this video from another forum... Fast forward to 2:35

YouTube - Shark Tales Report 10 1 09 0001

Anyone care to comment on this configuration? I get the redundancy thing, but 2? Maybe one for redundant backgas and one for deco gas? Seems like alot more hoses then nesessary... Anyone care to comment?

No clue, certainly not any *standard* configuration. Maybe the thought is, if one is good, two is better! He has a first and second on each pony. They could be using one as extra air, and the second for emergency? One could be 100% and the other air?

Your guess is as good as mine...

Well you're doing this dive, see? And you run out of air. So you switch to your pony bottle and you start to go up. But, see, you're at 130' with your buddy who thought it would be cool, and...its a long way up. So, you might run out of air again, around 50-60'. And that would suck.

So you have a 2nd pony bottle for when the first one runs out.

See?

It's like a Spare Air, but better.

:wink:

Maybe he's using one to fill the bags to send the fish up.

That's odd, I was wondering where his #3 pony was... why is he taking such crazy chances?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom