Double steels with wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am 5'11 and 145 pounds. I dive twin AL80s with about 14mil of wetsuit. Two piece. I have to carry 24 pounds of lead and i dive from the shore with this.

So im basically carrying my body weight on my back while walking 100 yards to the shore. My BC has never failed me but i do know if it did i could easily swim up with it.

I am 5'11 and 145 pounds. I dive twin AL80s with about 14mil of wetsuit. Two piece. I have to carry 24 pounds of lead and i dive from the shore with this.

So im basically carrying my body weight on my back while walking 100 yards to the shore. My BC has never failed me but i do know if it did i could easily swim up with it.

If you switched to steel, you could probably drop 1/2 of that lead from around your waist.

No money for steel tanks lol.

Get two of the old steel 72's. Almost the same amount of gas but much better buoyancy when doubled than AL 80's plus they are cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom