Doubles for sale 104's 0r 108's????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok here is what I have it is a set of doubles lp 104's or 108's???? I dont know which it is but they just came back from hydro & vis & nitrox clean today. I got them in a package deal & I dont dive doubles so I am selling them. They have stainless steel bands, dive rite 300 bar din manifold & dive rite trans pac adapters. They are rust free & located in south west florida due to size I do not want to ship them but will meet anyone half way within reason. Born on dates for both tanks is 3/96 with a hydro in 02 & now in 11 same for both tanks. Ser# 1A18 557259 R & 1A81 548061 R They also have stainless hose clamps with D rings on each tank & are filled with air because I did not know what mix would be most used in these tanks. I am looking to get $525 OBO for the complete set I might consider splitting it up it the money was right Thanks for looking

Attachments

• P1210001.JPG
    P1210001.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 87
  • P1210002.JPG
    P1210002.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 87
  • P1210003.jpg
    P1210003.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 86
  • P1210004.JPG
    P1210004.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 72
PM replied to Thanks for your interest.

FYI, they are the same thing 104/108's just discrepancies in how they are measured. But, internal volume is exactly the same.

From what I've seen, "108s" are generally painted/ spray galvanized, while "104s" are hot galvanized. I also think the metal is different, perhaps in how they are made (spun vs pressed).

Very Interesting Thank you I dont know if they are spun or pressed but they appear to be hot galvanized but I am no expert on this. All things aside there are in great shape!

it's just the way the volume is measured, someone said 2400+ rating, and someone else say 2640, blah blah blah, but if you take a graduated cylinder and start filling them with water, they take the same amount of water to fill them. And they are rated for the same pressure.

interested and look to talk with you David
info sent

also have some Lm salvo hids and leds for swap and or $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom