Dove Eastport, Maine this past weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adshepard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Spent the weekend diving off Eastport, Maine. Weather was great with day time highs between 70 and 75 degrees. Dove on both Saturday's and Sunday's low tides. Water temperature was a comfotable 42f and visibility ranged from 5' to 20'.

Marine life continues to increase on the old steamship pier wall. Large northern and smooth sun stars were quite abundant. The cobble bottom was covered in basket stars. There seemed to be a few more small northern red anemones present which is a good sign.

I found six clay pipes, an old medicine bottle and a very nice old soda bottle circa 1900. The soda bottle is aqua with the company name and address embossed on one side (Fairbanks & Neale, Howard St. Boston, Mass).

I also found an old wreck reel that I may be able to refurbish. The wreck reel was found in a "new" area. The sand on the south side of the granite wall has been washed away to reveal numerous old timbers from the pier. The timbers are huge and covered in the remains of large barnacles. I had not seen the timbers before so they must have been covered for at least six years so the wreck reel is at least that old. It's soaking in a vat of vinegar and fresh water right now.

No photos as my large strobe was not back from Underwater Photo Tech (yeah I flooded it) in time for the trip and I just wanted to junk search anyway.

I just read you post. Nice dive. I am producing a television series about wild life in New England. One major componant of the show is underwater videography. Last year I did a lot of diving in RI but this year I'm planning to do several trips up to Maine. Would you be interested in diving with me? I am diving dry and have 100 cf steel tanks.

video joe:
I just read you post. Nice dive. I am producing a television series about wild life in New England. One major componant of the show is underwater videography. Last year I did a lot of diving in RI but this year I'm planning to do several trips up to Maine. Would you be interested in diving with me? I am diving dry and have 100 cf steel tanks.

I won't be up there again until just after July 4th. Then I'll be there most of the summer.

Contact me again and maybe a day will work for both of us. By far New England's best diving in terms of marine life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom